Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Last night, I had a good reason to use my Dolphin torch. Looked in its hidey hole.......... not there. Looked at all other likely places ......... not there.
Asked Missus, she had seen it or know where it was ..... No ...... I decided to postpone what I was looking for in the dark until today.
Still couldn't find it today, until an hour ago, when I remembered I used it in the roof space a few weeks ago. Bingo ! Except the battery was flat, as I had left it 'On'.
Things to do tomorrow, buy a new battery.

Now I have to remember why I needed it last night. :oops:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Save your money and buy a rechargeable torch. I'd hate to think what the price of a battery would be now for a Dolphin.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Save your money and buy a rechargeable torch. I'd hate to think what the price of a battery would be now for a Dolphin.
$12.95 from Hammerbarn. Tomorrow's exploration visit.

I also have an Arlec rechargeable with a flat battery, but the battery is now $45, which is just a bit cheaper than a Ryobi torch, skin only, which makes more $$$ sense to me.

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS
$12.95 from Hammerbarn. Tomorrow's exploration visit.

I also have an Arlec rechargeable with a flat battery, but the battery is now $45, which is just a bit cheaper than a Ryobi torch, skin only, which makes more $$$ sense to me.

I just buy Ryobi stuff now. Ryobi stuff has been good to me and once you have an arsenal of batteries, you're bloody set.

Just don't carry it onto a job site o_O o_O

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
I like my Mag lites.

We all now have Mag Tec lights and I have a good collection of regular Mag lights from AA to 6D with LED conversions.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
People!

Mr 24 has been to a number of call out that turned out to be covid positive patients and this afternoon he's tested positive for covid. Came down with symptoms last night, he's not feeling to well and he's not happy about it.

That puts a huge dampener on my plans to put up sheets of ply in the garage!

People!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
People!

Mr 24 has been to a number of call out that turned out to be covid positive patients and this afternoon he's tested positive for covid. Came down with symptoms last night, he's not feeling to well and he's not happy about it.

That puts a huge dampener on my plans to put up sheets of ply in the garage!

People!
Meh, people used to catch the flu all the time, hardly any worse in majority of people. Move on with life.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Been a paramedic he's now off work till he's negative.

The bigger issue is my missus is immunocompromised so her catching covid can have greater implications because others don't give a ****.

But non the less, if people give a heads up Mr 24 wouldn't need to be sick and feeling like crap for a week. Why should he, who is coming to help you need to catch something because you are to lazy to say anything or take basic precautions?

People need to grow up and not call an ambulance unless it's actually necessary.

So yeah, people need to grow up and not be so selfish! Not everything is about you.