Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Wouldn't bother starting a "war" as unfortunately you can tell it's a rental and from past things that have happened there I'm very surprised it hasn't burnt down yet.
Not one of those "nice" rentals. Been run down and ruined with no care for anything.
Good thinking .
Neighbourhood disputes can turn more ugly than road rage these days, generally with the cops and ambos getting involved.
I can understand you getting the shits, but a bit of inconvenience for you can prevent ferals perhaps escalating the situation to bad news.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Neighbours cleaned their shed gutter

During the week my neighbours had their roof painted. Day one a couple of guys walked over the roof with pressure hoses blasting off the crap etc.

Result is the side of my house and windows are covered in overspray/splatter from their hoses and there is fine grit on the pavers. Do you not think the people who clean roofs realise they sometimes mess the neighbours' houses and take care not to or offer to clean up?

My neighbours are a lovely young couple we get on very well with and I know if I say something they will be mortified and offer to clean it all up, which I don't think is their responsibility.

I am right here, onus should be on the contractor?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
During the week my neighbours had their roof painted. Day one a couple of guys walked over the roof with pressure hoses blasting off the crap etc.

Result is the side of my house and windows are covered in overspray/splatter from their hoses and there is fine grit on the pavers. Do you not think the people who clean roofs realise they sometimes mess the neighbours' houses and take care not to or offer to clean up?

My neighbours are a lovely young couple we get on very well with and I know if I say something they will be mortified and offer to clean it all up, which I don't think is their responsibility.

yep same as a spray painter if any over spray got on your house then its there issue to clean up, i would have though for close housing some means of protecting sheet or such should have been used

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

If you have the company name, I would give them a call and tell them to get their arses around here to clean up their mess. Inconsiderate f@#kers!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Yes. But they probably don't give a toss.

When the house next door to us was being built, I came home to find that the concrete company had pulled down my temporary fence, used my tap and water to wash out the excess cement, and left the pile of unused cement and deep wheel tracks in my yard.
When I saw the owner, who had introduced himself earlier as a big shot CEO of some unknown company, he just replied that it wasn't his problem.
So, I tracked down the supplier and complained to them, same result. Not their problem.
15 years later, I haven't said "Boo" to next door ignorant short-arse muppet.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
yep same as a spray painter if any over spray got on your house then its there issue to clean up, i would have though for close housing some means of protecting sheet or such should have been used
Nah you pray to the wind gods and send it

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yes. But they probably don't give a toss.

When the house next door to us was being built, I came home to find that the concrete company had pulled down my temporary fence, used my tap and water to wash out the excess cement, and left the pile of unused cement and deep wheel tracks in my yard.
When I saw the owner, who had introduced himself earlier as a big shot CEO of some unknown company, he just replied that it wasn't his problem.
So, I tracked down the supplier and complained to them, same result. Not their problem.
15 years later, I haven't said "Boo" to next door ignorant short-arse muppet.
Why would you take it out on the neighbour who had nothing to do with it?
15 years! I think some therapy might go a long way.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
So you'd let contractors do that on your building sites?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Why would you take it out on the neighbour who had nothing to do with it?
15 years! I think some therapy might go a long way.
In case you think I attacked him about it, I didn't.
His 'couldn't give a **** reply', disinterest and dismissal indicated what sort of person he was / is.
When the colourbond boundary fence was erected, the entire discussion of it was a bill in the letterbox telling me to pay half.
I don't want to know people like that.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Received 2 emails from Aramax on Friday morning stating my parcels were onboard with the local courier and I should receive them today.

Missus found 2 parcels outside the front door this morning (Sunday). Definitely not there Friday or yesterday.