Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I hear you on these gripes, I am VP of my local club.
250 members and the same 15 are the only ones that turn up to events and actually help 9 times out of 10.
Clubs in general. I am guilty of being a car club member of a couple and not turning up to events. I pay my membership and then life happens and I don’t make to events.

Reactions: Lex

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS
Clubs in general. I am guilty of being a car club member of a couple and not turning up to events. I pay my membership and then life happens and I don’t make to events.
Can't make it every time. I have just missed a couple, but we have a newborn and family always comes first.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Understand if you have commitments, but as a group of friends, we meet every Friday night at the same venue for a dance & whatnot

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Understand if you have commitments, but as a group of friends, we meet every Friday night at the same venue for a dance & whatnot

EYsQSP.gif

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
1718355023035.png

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So took a 1.5hr lunch break today so I could get some render sand for my pizza oven. I knew it was a way from work and local landscape supplies near home doesn't carry it, or anything like it and knew I'd never get there before they close if I went after work.

I drove through the busy burbs thinking the place I am after is at the end of Prospect. Driving around can't find it. Punch it into my phone and find the place I need is actually way out and just off the highway and not in the industrial area I thought it must have been. So I hook on out there. Now had I looked it up I could have save myself 10mins in travel and just went up the highway instead of going through Prospect, which is always busy during the day. Know for next time. I am happy to find render sand as I have been struggling to find it, even the builders I asked didn't know of anywhere who would stock it. One suggested I try Prospect Landscapes as they have a variety of mediums. Seems rendering is something of old nowadays?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nah just buying it like you did is old.
https://www.dulux.com.au/paint/acratex-render/
That's how we buy render lol
Bag render is like $16-$18 a 20kg bag, no wonder the cost to a build a house has shot up. I'd need 10-12 bags. Whereas I bought about 150-160kg of sand today for $20. Cement is about $11 a bag or about $7 if I can find a broken one on the pallet. Lime is $12 a bag and I already have at least 3/4 of a bag in the shed. I did buy some bagged brickies mix at one point but it was working out at 4x or 5x the price so I bought a 1/4m of brick sand to finish off the brick laying.