Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
External drives are mainly used to save pics or images from your pc.
If the pc sh#ts itself, just buy another hard drive & load the old operating system on it (the hd image).

Again if the hard drive sh#ts itself, you've lost all your data, if its only saved to the operating system on your pc.
If you've emailed them to yourself, they will be on the email server, example hotmail. The hotmail server will have the data saved to it.
I don't store data on my PC's C: drive.
C: drive is exclusively for the OS and programs.
Drives E, F, G & H are for storing all my important stuff.

If I really need to I can take the micro SD card out of my phone, put it in a SD card adaptor, plug it into my PC and download my pics.

Last edited:

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Some email systems will reduce the size and resolution of images, so the emailed copy might not retain the same resolution as the original. It may not matter in some cases, but in others it might?
My android phone does that. I can choose to keep the original image size or I can reduce the image size

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Winter.

Anyone that actually likes cold, dark and rainy days has problems :p
Winter, last I looked at the end of June at the Adelaide weather, it was still summer over there. We had minus 2 last night and it's the same all week. Think the top today was 10deg. Up the old house it would have been minus 5 or minus 6 and 0deg by 8pm.
I lasted about 20mins in the shed last night vaccing the ute including the tub at probably 4deg. Right now if I wash my car the concrete is still wet the following evening. Makes it really annoying as the fine granite gravel then sticks to my tyres and transfers to the shed floor.

The boss hit black ice a week or two ago while heading up the coast for work.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Give me 40c any day!
Agreed.

It was 11c here on the weekend and I had no desire or motivation to leave the house, so I doordashed my groceries which I almost never do.

But I'll happily go for a walk to the supermarket on a 35c day no problems at all.

In the cold I become a hermit, I quite literally turned down a free work trip to our head office in Montreal because it was in winter and it was averaging around -15c, I would have been more of a miserable sack of sh*t than usual :p

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I lasted about 20mins in the shed last night vaccing the ute including the tub at probably 4deg. Right now if I was
I've installed a diesel heater in my garage for the work I'm doing on my car over winter, its' been getting down to 4-5 in the evenings here too. it's been a life saver. $10 worth of Diesel keeps the work area at around 25c for about 12 hours.

Summer held around for a long time, but it turned arctic very quick, most we've had at my place for about 10 days now is 13c, even the guys from work that came over from Melbourne the other day were complaining, and thats saying something.

Last edited:

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute & VF SSV Redline II
Agreed.

It was 11c here on the weekend and I had no desire or motivation to leave the house, so I doordashed my groceries which I almost never do.

But I'll happily go for a walk to the supermarket on a 35c day no problems at all.

In the cold I become a hermit.
I think I’m just used to the heat after spending 20+ years standing on the cricket oval in 40c heat, haha.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I think I’m just used to the heat after spending 20+ years standing on the cricket oval in 40c heat, haha.
Same here, I don't even have air conditioning in my VR and I drove it across Australia in the middle of a 45c heatwave.

I don't notice the heat as much as I notice the cold.