Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
Prevoius owner fitting 90/110w H4's. Went to change what I thought was just a blown headlight only to find the plug for the globe has disintegrated from the heat.

and it destroys the reflector also wiring.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
^^^

Does it? *counts years*... 6 yrs and still going, not 1 issue with the reflector or wiring.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Moving out of home (again - career changer, moved back home whilst I did next degree) next week, can't wait to get my own groceries. My family eats nothing but diet this and diet that. They've been doing it for the last 25 years and hasn't helped one iota. At last count I counted 50 diet/weight loss related books in the house. Frigging continuous feedlot it is. Only way I keep a reasonable weight is running 75-80km a week.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8

Should have learned my lesson after melting the fuse box on my VL from upping the globes but I went on to ruin a set of WB ute headlight reflectors with big wattage globes.

Decided then that it was a bad idea.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
yea I was going to up the wattage too 90/130 but the auto elect told me the wiring only good for around 75watts as the gauge is not heaver enough and it will do damage over time, and he told me the extra heat will fade the reflector so I just brought good globes with extra brightness

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Will fade "chrome" plating eh? please tell us more.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
do you do the shopping , I just went today before I shopped for food 25 bucks gone for toiletry and personal needs not wants , I usually get frozen veg and fresh fruit , meat have you seen the prices, 8 sausages 6 bucks rump steak 36 kilo , chops 16 bucks for 6 bbq chops , chicken breast 5 bucks each , Tin products bake beans 1.20 a can , sardines 1.20 a can , so how can pensioners or even jobless eat healthy 3 meals a day , cost of living has risen so much in 10 years but welfare has stayed the same. I wish I can go back to work but my back is Brocken down and im stuck on welfare.

Sometimes yes but I do actually pay for it. Toiletry and personal needs are irrelevant to the initial point of blaming the price of fresh food vs junk food on obesity. 2 chops ($5.30) or 1 chicken breast ($5) with some of the veg in my previous list makes for a meal cost that is cheaper than spending $10 or so on takeaway.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
I only have one take away food per fortnight, pizza on a sat night watching football with my flagging , I budget for 5 bucks for tea that's 65 bucks for 13 teas , then I have to scrape up the pennies to buy milk bread coffee its not easy but I scrape by.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
VS, don't mess with stupid...

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
stupid is stupid does.