Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I prefer Lowa boots but there is no way my work would spring for those so I have them for home use but not work. I purchase mine from Europe via family as they are greatly overpriced in our local stores.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I buy my own ( my work would not spring too)
I claim them tax time

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I think they are all Chinese now, that's why there was next to nothing on the shelves, except 10 year stock..... People at work said to me good luck finding shoes, as there is very little to choose from. I'm fairly certain the same **** shoes were on the shelves two or more years ago. I mean boat shoes..... FFS does anyone actually wear them? The shoe racks were full of boat shoes and sandles....

Tasmainians wear shoes??

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Who would have thought that a post about shoes would get so many replies from MEN ? :)

But my bitch for today is, bought some pre-packaged ham for a lunchtime sanga ....... in small print on the pack .......
"Made in Australia from at least 17% Australian ingredients. Made with pork from North America or Europe." What ? No pig farms in Aus. :mad:

Last week, bought some frozen, prepacked Barramundi as the deli did not have any 'fresh' ........... "Product of Vietnam" ............ that is not Barramundi, it is Basa farmed in the polluted waters of the Mekong. Barramundi comes FNQ and NT. :mad:x2.

At the same time, I was looking for some marinated prawn skewers from Karumba, Qld. Deli won't stock them anymore, they said shoppers won't buy them. :mad:x3.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think that goes for the majority of products in shops these days, hardly anything is simple homegrown produce, nope it's all imported. I know that NZ milk is cheaper in the UK than here in NZ, fairly much all of our prime meat cuts are exported or sold to local restaurants and we get the left overs at premium prices, same goes with fruit, it's all exported.

For a clean green country that is a primary producer of some of the best quality produce for/from around the world it sure is hard to get reasonably priced NZ produce.

It's also sad that we export tree logs dirt cheap to china so they can produce furniture so it can be sold here in NZ stores, same with wood exported to make paper.

You would think with all this Covid crap we would learn and start gearing economies to be self sufficient, exporting is great but we should be looking after the local population/economy first and not as an afterthought.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This ^^^^^ we have the same thing happen in Tas.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Haven't you noticed that over the years, your shoe size has increased.
Not because your feet are getting bigger, the current Asian sizes which seem to have no size consistancy.
I just replaced some Chinese size 12 ( yes, 12, made from cardboard and chewing gum :mad: ) boots, with size 9 Tradies, (also made in China) yet the fit is the same.
Buying shoes or boots is about what fits. Indicated size is only a starting point.

gives you a taste of the joke that is womens wear :D
every brand & even style requires a different size. my wardrobe spans at least 6 sizes, how is that possible?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
gives you a taste of the joke that is womens wear :D
every brand & even style requires a different size. my wardrobe spans at least 6 sizes, how is that possible?
Just the market meeting female consumer needs where everyone wants a size 10...

Men are now suffering similar where shoe sizes are all over the place and seem the be getting larger :p

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Just the market meeting female consumer needs where everyone wants a size 10...

Men are now suffering similar where shoe sizes are all over the place and seem the be getting larger :p
I ordered 2 pairs of casual shoes same brand same place same size.
One nice and firm the other bit loose (not to bad)
First mistake I like to try things on.