Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I had to make a choice when I was 17 ......... cigarettes, or a car. Haven't touched a coffin nail since then.
Sadly I’ve wasted so much money on all three, booze, cigarettes and cars. I’ve been partaking in booze and cigarettes since the age of thirteen:(. And cars, well that’s another story:)

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Sadly I’ve wasted so much money on all three, booze, cigarettes and cars. I’ve been partaking in booze and cigarettes since the age of thirteen:(. And cars, well that’s another story:)
Somebody mug had to prime the commercial profit pumps that fueled the sponsorship driven advertising revenue machines of Tooheys 1000s and Winfield Cups, didn't they? Add providing all the extra taxes required for respiratory surgical hospital wards and lung cancer research. You and me mate, when others cheaply thought only of themselves, we answered the call and bravely inhaled our money and sent it up in carcogenic smoke while pissing even more up against stainless steel clad walls (or brick ones, maybe a fence out in the car park) while funding multimillion dollar events where huge amounts of petrol was poured down the throats of ever inceasingly powerful and fast cars as madmen pushed them and themselves to and beyond their limits. And other nutters bashed each other on the footy field almost every weekend. People got hurt, some died trying in the extremes. Others paid for their injuries later in life. Dunno about you, but jeez I thoroughly enjoyed spectating it.
Everyone has to make decisions, and then live with the consequences. You win some, you lose some. Remember, the house will always top you in the end.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Somebody mug had to prime the commercial profit pumps that fueled the sponsorship driven advertising revenue machines of Tooheys 1000s and Winfield Cups, didn't they? Add providing all the extra taxes required for respiratory surgical hospital wards and lung cancer research. You and me mate, when others cheaply thought only of themselves, we answered the call and bravely inhaled our money and sent it up in carcogenic smoke while pissing even more up against stainless steel clad walls (or brick ones, maybe a fence out in the car park) while funding multimillion dollar events where huge amounts of petrol was poured down the throats of ever inceasingly powerful and fast cars as madmen pushed them and themselves to and beyond their limits. And other nutters bashed each other on the footy field almost every weekend. People got hurt, some died trying in the extremes. Others paid for their injuries later in life. Dunno about you, but jeez I thoroughly enjoyed spectating it.
Everyone has to make decisions, and then live with the consequences. You win some, you lose some. Remember, the house will always top you in the end.

I'm doing my bit for the future. Value for money .................., I can pollute more of the air we breathe with $50 of petrol, (forget the primary pollutions of producing and transporting it) than you can with $50 of nicotine.
There will be no joy in my life at an EV charging station.

Sadly I’ve wasted so much money on all three, booze, cigarettes and cars.
I think you missed wild women ?
Cars naturally cost money, and booze helps you forget how much you spend on them.
Give up the cigarettes, and get a couple of Affagatos.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
I'm doing my bit for the future. Value for money .................., I can pollute more of the air we breathe with $50 of petrol, (forget the primary pollutions of producing and transporting it) than you can with $50 of nicotine.

Cars naturally cost money, and booze helps you forget how much you spend on them.

Smoke while waiting for your ev to charge at a station, That should balance things out nicely

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute

6 years since I ended my tobacco addiction, after 42 years smoking. I hardly drink, the occaisional beer or a bourbon. My V8s both drink more than enough and something had to give so I cut the expense of maintaining women.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
There is a Doom and Gloom thread around here somewhere about CCTV face recognition, and the evils thereof, along with threats of invoking the wrath of Karen.

Why is it then .......... when the police / TV news show CCTV footage of a dastardly deed being done, they pixilate the face of the dastard, then ask the public for help finding the dastard of average height, average build, wearing a black hoodie, black pants, black joggers driving a small car.
Show the face, somebody must know him / her / it.
Just as ridiculous, is blurring the face of an offender when appearing at court, when said offender is well known to the public before whatever offences occurred.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
the dastard of average height, average build, wearing a black hoodie, black pants, black joggers driving a small car.
I’ve gotten rid of all that gear now and have changed my ways. Can’t do much about the face though!