Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Buy the bike and wait till you can legally ride it before insuring for you.

You can't ride it yet so insurance doesn't need to cover you yet.

Unless it gets stolen, damaged by fire etc etc.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I thought of that too, but from what little information I can find we'll have to pay stamp duty to transfer rego to me. I've been meaning to clarify this with the RMS though.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
I thought of that too, but from what little information I can find we'll have to pay stamp duty to transfer rego to me. I've been meaning to clarify this with the RMS though.

If your dad says its a gift to you from him they waive the stamp duty and transfer fees etc. Not to sure if that applies in NSW but worth checking out. (Does apply in QLD)

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Well, the plan was to buy it (assuming I can get finance) and then let my dad ride it. But they won't insure it for my dad because it will be registered in my name, and the policy-holder has to be the registered owner. They won't insure me because my licence doesn't let me ride it. So I can't get insurance at all.

If I could get finance, we were going to buy it and stick it in the garage until my licence is sorted, but anyway... Finance is the next issue so we'll see what happens. I'm wanting to go have a look at a couple of LAMS versions of non-LAMS bikes in the meantime to see if I can find anything that'll suit me better.

I wouldn't go with a lams bike if your just about to get an unrestrectied licence.

Lams bikes are **** compared to having an unrestricted bike and you pay literally the same $ except they have stuff all resale value because why pay 9k for a restricted 600 when you can get a 1000 for 10k... I would just wait if I was you man don't do something you will regret.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I'm not going to buy a LAMS bike, but I want to try out LAMS versions of bikes that I can ride when I've got my full licence. That way at least I know what seating positions and such are like.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I'm not going to buy a LAMS bike, but I want to try out LAMS versions of bikes that I can ride when I've got my full licence. That way at least I know what seating positions and such are like.

I'd go to a few bike shops and test ride a couple. Also, dont look for a bike to buy until you're ready to buy, it just leads to dissapointment cause you'll be forever finding ones perfect for what you're after.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Buying a bike for me was an absolute nightmare. In the end I decieded to just screw it and buy one when Im off my P's.

Im 6 foot 5. My brother is a little shorter and I steal his from time to time. He is on his L's and rides a V Star and even that, which is a fairly large legal bike, my knees are up around my neck.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Well fortunately I don't actually need to buy one straight away as I've been using my dad's, which is learner approved.

I just dislike how things work, that's all :)