Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I suspect that hackers are reading emails that go via a server that they have some access to. I notice that I get the usual ‘your parcel can’t be delivered’ sms about the same time that a legitimate parcel is due.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with the AusPost App, but I could be wrong.
Nah we get those spam messages all the time and we don't have parcels delivered very often, however,
Aus Post is as much use as balls on a cow because even with the PO Box we often get mail which has already been delivered to another box
(evident by the writing on the envelope "try PO Box 12345 you dumb arse" lol)
We also get mail here at home for another street

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
i signed up to an aus post account just to keep track of things and ...................
I don't have an account, and I probably described the 'app' incorrectly. I track my parcels via their website.

I suspect that hackers are reading emails that go via a server that they have some access to. I notice that I get the usual ‘your parcel can’t be delivered’ sms about the same time that a legitimate parcel is due.
Yep, I get the seller to provide me the tracking number via email, so it would be easy (?) for a hacker to invent a number and advise me that it can't be delivered..

Aus Post is as much use as balls on a cow ..................
Could be a local CBF-d syndrome. I don't have a problem with them here.
If we get mail that is not ours, it is because Mr. Smith has put the wrong address on Mr. Jones letter / bill.

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Just received a very well written apologetic email from AusPost regarding a failed delivery, and quoting the tracking number..
By clicking a link and paying $3.98, I could have it redirected and delivered.
It 'appeared' genuine, and I can understand how some people can get stung by these sort of scams.

Made me wonder about using the AusPost delivery tracking app, which I find very good.
Is it (or me) being hacked. ?
On the email you received click on the “from” at the top of the page and then click on it a second time and it will display the real email address of the sender. Mostly a fictional email address.
Then delete the email.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I don't have an account, and I probably described the 'app' incorrectly. I track my parcels via their website.
yea sign up to a aus post account its super easy, then use that for tracking if ur not sure, what i usually do is if i get an email im not sure of about payments or such ill leave it open and use a new tab for google search and log into the place they are talking about and if the data isnt there saying the same thing i know it false, if u have the aus post account then u can go on that and sort out any issues or see if its legit if ur not sure

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thought I had figured out a way to start my Victa Super 600 without it needing 10 pulls. Nope, using 1/2 throttle it still need about 10 pulls. I give up.... I'm going to have to drop the bastard off to my mower tech before I lose it. Another job for next Friday, or the following Friday on pay week. Nope, I am not touching the bastard myself or I will turn that $40 job into a $140 job.....

At some stage I will go into Town armed with $1500 and buy a new mower.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Mostly a fictional email address.
Agree. But if I am not expecting a delivery, I call scam to the email and delete it without looking further.

Very much like the phone calls I get ........... not in the 'contacts', no answer.
If it is something important, they will ring back on the same number. Scam phone calls not likely to use the same number again.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
My 8 month old self propelled lawnmower has stopped self propelling.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had a self propelled Rover mower. It annoyed me so I ripped it out. I still have the mower and it's great but it's rear throw so grass ends up all over my legs as I no longer use the catcher at home.
Victa is a side throw and is 4" wider cut so takes about 20mins less time to mow the lawn.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I had a self propelled Rover mower. It annoyed me so I ripped it out. I still have the mower and it's great but it's rear throw so grass ends up all over my legs as I no longer use the catcher at home.
Victa is a side throw and is 4" wider cut so takes about 20mins less time to mow the lawn.
Im more than a little annoyed given the trouble I'll now have to go through to attempt to get it fixed or replaced under warranty.

Having read reviews I even took to walking the mower around by lifting the rear when not operating it to not freewheel the mechanism. **** all difference that made.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Im more than a little annoyed given the trouble I'll now have to go through to attempt to get it fixed or replaced under warranty.

Having read reviews I even took to walking the mower around by lifting the rear when not operating it to not freewheel the mechanism. **** all difference that made.
Ahhh, is it a Toro?