Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Government just announced a 30% pay rise for carers. Have no problem with this, but the cost will almost certainly be passed on. I pay a subsidised rate of $10 for a 1 hour visit (mainly to help mum shower), but have no doubt whatsoever this will be increased to $15 over coming weeks. Can't have those profit margins deteriorating. What I dread most is the whinging from dad
It’s almost like you have zero understanding of how a business works.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Accountants are a huge problem because they make mistakes and you wear it if you don't pick it up.
And the whole point of going to an accountant is because I'm more likely to make a mistake than they are.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Using interest rates to control inflation is a outdated system from the 20th century.

More than half of people with mortgages will be on fixed rates so there is a huge lag between rising rates and flow on effect to home owners until their fixed terms end and it ends up putting more money in the pockets of bankers.

A much better system is to force all onto a superannuation/retirement scheme and then increase/decrease the minimum contributions to control inflation. It would work much better as it effects all workers, it would be instant and at the end of the day the worker still has that money, just not in their pocket to spend at the current time.

This idea was raised by a former Labour finance minister but he was laughed at at that time but I think it's a great idea.
Around 70% of Australians have variable interest rates.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
$43 for 4L of enamel thinners, $35 for GP thinners???? And that's on special. Last time I bought GP thinners I paid under $20 for 4L.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
And the whole point of going to an accountant is because I'm more likely to make a mistake than they are.
The accountant we used made mistake which I ended up getting a please explain from the ato. We have 2 joint term deposits which he declared on my wifes tax return but not on mine.
I received a please explain plus had to pay tax and a penalty on .

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Media works got hacked, 2.4 million records compromised and that will include mine.

My fibre supplier is also going to start charging from email access so it might be time to consider other options and get a new completely clean email addy.

Reactions: Lex

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Media works got hacked, 2.4 million records compromised and that will include mine.

My fibre supplier is also going to start charging from email access so it might be time to consider other options and get a new completely clean email addy.
Bugger. TPG and all of it's associated brands have ejected email from their services. iinet moved my ozemail email over to The Message Company but I need to set up a new gmail or outlook address before I have to start paying for service in September this year.
The old saying 'nothing is free' is certainly applicable in the 21st Century.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have 23 year old Bigpond Email address. At some stage they will tell me I'm going to lose it. Telstra are already removing the #100# on mobiles so that's going to suck in the coming months.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
The accountant we used made mistake which I ended up getting a please explain from the ato. We have 2 joint term deposits which he declared on my wifes tax return but not on mine.
I received a please explain plus had to pay tax and a penalty on .
Exactly my point.
One accountant cocked up my share trading and listed a profit $185,000 more than I had made, I had to sort it out with ATO
A few years later, next accountant listed my super contribution twice at $500,000
I got a letter from ATO 5 years later telling me I owed something like $250,000 in extra tax for paying too much into my super fund.
Took me a month of ulcers to sort that one out with the help of a wonderful lady in the ATO
And there was the accountant who did not report my GST yearly for 4 years, so again I had to do it myself
I have been doing my own tax now for about 14 years.

If you have an accountant buried up to the neck in sand, what is the problem
Not enough farking sand.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Exactly my point.
One accountant cocked up my share trading and listed a profit $185,000 more than I had made, I had to sort it out with ATO
A few years later, next accountant listed my super contribution twice at $500,000
I got a letter from ATO 5 years later telling me I owed something like $250,000 in extra tax for paying too much into my super fund.
Took me a month of ulcers to sort that one out with the help of a wonderful lady in the ATO
And there was the accountant who did not report my GST yearly for 4 years, so again I had to do it myself
I have been doing my own tax now for about 14 years.

If you have an accountant buried up to the neck in sand, what is the problem
Not enough farking sand.
I did have a big win many years ago when the branch of a big company I worked for closed and we were made redundant. The payout was pretty good. 4 weeks pay for every year you worked there. All sick pay and holiday pay paid out plus an extra $100 if you had more than 10 years service, I was there for 18 years.
When I got transferred from one devision to another after 6 years my clock card number was changed because of my job description. When I got paid out my redundancy they never paid me for the previous 6 years.
I spent about 6 months trying to get what was owed to me but they swore black and blue that I only worked there for 12 years and not 18. After engaging in a solicitor I finally, after another 3 months we got an apology a cheque and paperwork to sign that they had paid what they owed me and the matter was closed. I couldn't sign.it quick enough because instead of paying me the balance of what they owed me they paid me for 12 years that they had already paid. I put that in a term deposit incase they realised the mistake but the solicitor said I had already signed off on it and it was mine. This happened 20 odd years ago and haven't heard anthing.