Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I remember last time we flew up to Queensland to see mum and dad we were waiting to go through security and I was looking at all the other passengers. I said to my wife that guy over there looks like a terrorist, this one here looks shifty, that couple look like part of a middle eastern crime gang . Guess who got stopped and searched, yep me and my wife ,and they confiscated her metal nail file.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Went to start the car that's at my mums house that is there for anyone to drive since she passed and what ya know it's got a dead flat battery. Had to make haste and walk to the shop. Got there about four minutes before closing. Just as well as there was no food at all in the house. I had just enough time to grab the essentials, some dip and crackers, a two pack of Balfour's custard tarts and two FUIC.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I remember last time we flew up to Queensland to see mum and dad we were waiting to go through security and I was looking at all the other passengers. I said to my wife that guy over there looks like a terrorist, this one here looks shifty, that couple look like part of a middle eastern crime gang . Guess who got stopped and searched, yep me and my wife ,and they confiscated her metal nail file.

Sounds about right because to stop any of those others would be considered racial profiling.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

They’re on the ball. They found that metal nail file.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Guess who got stopped and searched, yep me and my wife ,and they confiscated her metal nail file.
I get stopped and have the wand run over me pretty much every time I go through airport security. Used to annoy me, now I just wait for them to call me over.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ive got a .308 round with a hole in the casing attached to my keys wonder if i would make it thru, guess i shouldnt forget that the blasting cap (detonator) in it is technically live also :eek: guess id prob be locked up for a while whilst explaining it all

yamahahatim

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss crewman
I got stopped by security for, 4 torx bits on my keyring in Melbourne..
Ripped them off my keys, threw them into nearest bin.... shouted "happy now" and stormed off !!!

Gonna tear the plane apart with my fingers, and torx bits!!!!

Idiots...

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
One time I flew from Detroit to Melbourne with a few flight changes along the way. I purchased a small snow-dome (for a work colleague who collects them) while in the Chicago airport (in the sterile area) and continued on to LA then on to Sydney. At Sydney, they asked us to leave the sterile area and re-board the same plane for the last leg to Melbourne. I have been carrying the snow dome in my ‘carry on’ across the American continent and across the Pacific Ocean, and they wanted to confiscate it in Sydney - the same snow dome that was purchased in the secure area of Chicago airport - and I had been in sterile/secure areas the whole trip up to Sydney. I explained it to them but they still wanted to confiscate it as it might have had more than 100cc of fluid in it. Anyway, I kept my cool and the supervisor came up and said to the security person ‘let him have it back’ and I was on my way with the snow dome. :)

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
One time I flew from Detroit to Melbourne with a few flight changes along the way. I purchased a small snow-dome (for a work colleague who collects them) while in the Chicago airport (in the sterile area) and continued on to LA then on to Sydney. At Sydney, they asked us to leave the sterile area and re-board the same plane for the last leg to Melbourne. I have been carrying the snow dome in my ‘carry on’ across the American continent and across the Pacific Ocean, and they wanted to confiscate it in Sydney - the same snow dome that was purchased in the secure area of Chicago airport - and I had been in sterile/secure areas the whole trip up to Sydney. I explained it to them but they still wanted to confiscate it as it might have had more than 100cc of fluid in it. Anyway, I kept my cool and the supervisor came up and said to the security person ‘let him have it back’ and I was on my way with the snow dome. :)
Some of those border security officials seem to be robotic numb nuts.