Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Every state in Australia is or is going to get that ad, well all but Victoria who is opposed to gas. :oops:

We get that ad, the one with the blue collar ‘salt of the earth’ power station operators.

It has all the hallmarks of a dying industry attempting to prop itself up for as long as it can. But we all know how it’s going to finish.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
But we all know how it’s going to finish.
Do we? Since you can see the future how about sharing the lotto numbers.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
We get that ad, the one with the blue collar ‘salt of the earth’ power station operators.

It has all the hallmarks of a dying industry attempting to prop itself up for as long as it can. But we all know how it’s going to finish.

Don't think you'd be getting the same ad if Vic has moved away from natural gas.....

The ad mentions natural gas can be turned on and off as required to stabilise the power grid, with contact details in the ACT.......

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
So the Vic gov't has moved away from gas with new builds?

Just remember hearing something about it but didn't take a lot of notice over it

Yep, it started (or finished!) this year. Any new house that has building permit issued from 1 January can’t have a gas connection.

I’m not sure if it applies to an existing house having a new gas connection, but I suspect that it does.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't think you'd be getting the same ad if Vic has moved away from natural gas.....

The ad mentions natural gas can be turned on and off as required to stabilise the power grid, with contact details in the ACT.......

It’s not really a ‘consumer’ ad, as we don’t really get any real say in the fuel used by an electricity generator. I suspect that it one of those industry campaigns intended to influence the public opinion, and thus the government policy.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It’s not really a ‘consumer’ ad, as we don’t really get any real say in the fuel used by an electricity generator. I suspect that it one of those industry campaigns intended to influence the public opinion, and thus the government policy.

Will take better notice of it next time I see it...But if definately sprukes about the benefits of natural gas in stabilising the grid....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yep, the world (not just Australia or Victoria) is moving to net zero. That’ll mean zero gas. No crystal ball required! :)
That's laughable, a handful of do gooders won't make the world net zero.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yep, the world (not just Australia or Victoria) is moving to net zero. That’ll mean zero gas. No crystal ball required! :)

Gas should be the last one they phase out as it's the cleanest of the fossil fuels.