Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Third Manufacturer for V8 Supercars

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

Twin_Bangerz

Let Mitsubishi in as the third manufacturer, maybe there drivers can all race around bathurst in 2 door Mirage Coupe's badged as lancers with clear taillights and drainpipe exhausts!!!

D

Dreama

Anyone read the Racing Lines article in Street Machine June '02 ??
The whole thing is about a Mitsubishi 5.0Liter V8 Powered Magna. They say that there is already one setup and has been racing in a 'Future Tourers' class, and apparently had been whippin some butt. It was pumpin 410Hp and was only 3seconds slower than the best of the 600Hp Konica series. It weighs 1350Kgs (which is the same as the V8 Supercars).

Personally, i find that V8Supercars a tad boring. Seeing that the 2 cars arent much like the standard ones at all, except for body, sorta makes the whole race pointless. While i agree that the cars are pretty awesome, the old days of the Toranas, Falc, Vals etc werent just a limited race to 2 manufacturers.

I would much rather see stock 5.7Commy racing a stock 5.4Falc just in race specs - a lot more realistic and interesting, and at the same time, against anyone else who wants to join.
I like the Production class, as you can see the HSV GTS against WRX, 200SX, RX7, etc etc - a lot more interesting as that is what heaps of the aussie population is driving now.

Last edited by a moderator:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah!, this is how I'm thinking, but the only trouble racing the standard Commdore against the Falcon is that the Commodore is so much lighter it wouldn't be a close race. Still I'd love to a series for any car sold in Australia that costs under 50 grand. You would probably get Holden doing some class specials without radios to save weight like the old VH SS's, but I wouldn't complain about that

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
Guys,

Don't you remember. There was a series like this. Remember GTP (Production Racing). Remember how they went bankrupt. Remember what a flop the last few Bathurst 24hrs were.

There is a reason why V8Supercars are so popular and why the series is doing so well. Think about it...

D

Dreama

greenfoam said:
Yeah!, this is how I'm thinking, but the only trouble racing the standard Commdore against the Falcon is that the Commodore is so much lighter it wouldn't be a close race. Still I'd love to a series for any car sold in Australia that costs under 50 grand. You would probably get Holden doing some class specials without radios to save weight like the old VH SS's, but I wouldn't complain about that

i watched one of those production races, adn there was a HSV GTS300 comin first, a AU TE50 coming second and a Mitsi EVO coming 3rd, as they came around the corner onto the straight, they all flored it, then the a Bang from the GTS bonnet, smoke everywhere and the motor had died, the ford and mits cruised past. Thats gotta suck when its on the last lap as well.
But still a good style of race