Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Third Manufacturer for V8 Supercars

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
I think what he means is that ford and holden will remain how they are now and be competing with a new manufactuer.......but the manufactuer will have handicaps like it may be lighter or have more engine power more downforce things like that to give it a chance :) lol....

Also wombat, fastest race time to me that means nothing it couldj ust mean that in that race there wasnt as many safety cars because they slow the race down a heck of a lot

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
2_SeeK_U said:
Next, Toyota. I couldn't find a production V8 car so we could rule them out.

Do they not still build the Soarer? Prob not in auzzie.

Right, well my justification then. Garth, im not sure if your level one and two info was fact or an idea, but basically its the grounds for what im on about. V8 Supercars works so well because all the cars start on a level playing field more or less. Races run with different classes of car, handicaps, etc etc piss the hell of out of me, its all so one sided, the staggered starts and all - what I want to see, and what I have good reason to believe other people want to see, is one class of 'winner takes all' racing where anyone can win.

Basically, opening up the engine specs is to allow the cars to be more powerful and faster, and to offset any differences in base technologies between manufacturers V8 engines, such as pushrod vs ohc etc. Getting Toyota or Mitzi or whoever to use a Dodge engine or somthing is like getting the All Blacks to wear South African jersies when playing auzzie, just so that they are both wearing CCC!!

Ok so that was a random example. Meh.

But yea, different technologies, the same power, weight, and aeros. Thats my solution.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ah, mass confusion, im just going of what was on the video i saw from the avesco press release on bathurst race day, so yeah, im as confused as you guy's, the only thing i can think of with the lvl1 and lvl2 car would be the v8 and the v6 mabey? im not 100%sure, but that dick what ever his name is said that there could possibly 2 level of car's in the supercar series, a level1 and lvl2, he did say holden and ford woudl be lvl1, and the other manafature would be lvl2

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
I think 'that dick' needs a bit of a reality check. I think he's living in a bit of a fantasy world where everything is ment to pan out his way, its just the way he talks/acts. He's got us all quite worried.

C

Carl_B

The latest from Mistubishi:

The company is taking steps to strengthen its operational footing in ASEAN markets. These include strengthening sales in Thailand, establishing sales structures in Malaysia and reorganizing its operations in Indonesia. The company is also strengthening its production base by boosting capacity in Thailand, which serves as an export hub to global markets.

As for Australia, the company is on track to close its engine plant and downsize its assembly plant. The company is also introducing asset impairment accounting principles in order to address surplus plant capacity.

So I can't see it being them :unsure:

Carl

Gobbles said:
Im thinking Mitsubishi as they expressed interest to join the category some time ago. But then again i have also heard Lexus is pushing to get into the category as well but i dont know. Will be interesting to see i think the series is good as it is with Holden vs Ford and i dont see a need to add the other Manufactuer. Holden and Ford definently wont be happy becasue there is only so many cars that can be in one race and some teams might switch to drive the new manufactuers machine etc.

miss ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS S2
Wasn't project blueprint supposed to make the cars more even?
Why would they do all that and then have a level 1 and level 2 in the same category? Doesn't make sense.
I would rather they keep it just holden/ford

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
I for one cringe at the thought of having handicap's, staggered starts, different classes, or anything of the sort in V8 Supercars. The reason we love it so much is that its rugged, evenly matched mate vs mate racing where everyone is created more or less equal. (Im gonna take flak for that comment I just know it)

Mike

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Staggered Starts could be quite good to watch if you have to likes of Skaife/Ambrose/Murphy all "released" at the same time as compared to the other slower cars like Lowndes (had to say it) Ellery and all the rest of them.........more racing that way. But possibly too similiar to Reverse Grid lineups

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm bored almost to death with the touring cars these last few years, you can only watch the same thing over and over again for a certain amount of time. If we still had a decent production car series I'd much rather watch that, but it's hard to do without the car companies getting crazed. The only way would be to introduce some kind of adjustable with the years limits to keep it safe. so start with say a peak power and tourqe limits on the cars of no more than say 300kw and must weigh at least 1400kg's (I'd like to see some pressure on Holden and Ford to get some of that VZ/BA fat cut off :D)

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Ou est le fungus?!?

ARGH!! Sacrilege!!

V8 Supercars is perhaps my most favourite sport of all. It almost beats bedroom Olympics… almost. I won’t explain why after all this is a family show eh kids.

I could wank on and on and bloody on about the passion/rivalry etc etc, but lets face it I’ve said it all before and I’ll no doubt say it again.

So you don’t like Supercars? Please don’t think im trying to pick a fight or be a smartarse because its not the case (we have resident members devoted to both tasks already thus farbeit for me to infringe their grounds) BUT is the title of this thread not something to do with an extra manufacturer? Not about “who likes supercars?”

Limit the power?!? SUPERCar mate. No one wants to see LimitedpowerCars. Well I don't at least and i have absolutley basis for the following claim but no one else does either. Did I say that twice?

And yes, before you ask, I have been drinking tonight. Thus I take absolutely no responsibility for anything I write here, unless of course the unlikely occurs and im actually right about something.

Mike.

- More beer! Morebeermorebeermorebeer!!