Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

this is my vh that i brought for $400 dollars

HOLD3N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
yeh keep us posted, love more pics of VH commos.

how long do you intend on keeping the VH? any future plans for engine upgrade for her. Theres obviousy the V8, buick V6 and the nissan motors that will easily slot into the early commodores + more im sure (a guy localy put a 13B rotor in one). If you have future engine swap plans then do it on the cheap to get you by until then.

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
i really wanna put a 355 stroker motor in her but unsure if it will fit :( i wanna wait untill i get off my p's first but then again #### COPS they are always hassling p plater's

HOLD3N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
355 will be the easiest swap you can do. How about a new LS chev motor, cheap as chips and make decent power std.

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
yeah i wanna put that in, but for now i wanna just kick back and relax and try put another motor in her.

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
i was thinking about adding a monster tacho ! now is that ilegal to a L plater ? because in my vh its got the vacum gauge insted of the rpm gauge,

and what about the mini tacho's that go outside on the top of ya bonnet ?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I agree with the guys who say to rebuild the old motor. You won't get a cheaper engine to overhaul than a Holden 6. If you intend keeping the car for a fair while, new pistons, rings, crank grind, bearings, bore/hone the block, new cam and timing gear, lifters and valve grind and new springs would not cost the earth and you'd have the makings of a reliable motor for years. You've already rebuilt a VC engine, so you know what's involved. They don't come any simpler than these engines and if you do the labour yourself, you will save bulk dollars too.

And yeah, forget crap like "monster tacho's". On a learner's car, that pure wankery. It's also a waste of money on an engine that struggles to rev past 5,000 anyway.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
tachos are good, but the 'in your face' monster tachos etc look over the top and spoil the look of a clean car
If it were me, I'd be grabbing a full instrumentation cluster from the likes of a SL/E and swap it over. Keep an eye on ebay, they often pop up. It might need to be from a 6cyl though (I can't remember if the tacho has a 6/8 switch on the back or not)

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
yeah darren,
i will just keep my eye open on ebay and trading post and ****

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
Heeeeeeeey boyyyyyyyyyyyyyz :D i found a motor & box together me and dad's gonna go check it out sometime next week its $260 and its in good condition ill let use know how it sounds and **** so yer ill get back to use. :) enjoy your day everyone!