Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

this is my vh that i brought for $400 dollars

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
very nice vh, try not to ad crap like monster tachos and stuff like that subtle mods always look better, and a very clean stock one stands out more these days than one dumped on 18s just my opinion.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
sounds good mate.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
rebuild the motor, you wont find a 202 in good nick these days.

Thats exactly why im hanging on to my Vks 202, @ 95,000km you will struggle to find a lower K original one in good condition.

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
well so far i think i found an alright one the guy told me on the phone the engine has only done 160,000kms because it used to be his grandmothers car and yeah they just wanna get rid of it because nobody is driving it now as they have 4 cars already!

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
Vh 202

I have a Vh vacationer white and no 6 wasnt firing. It turned out to be a hydraulic tappet that was stuffed. I run a 350 holley and a set of headers. A few people have said it sounds nice even with the stock exhaust. Look on ebay for a motor. They are as cheap as chips as nobody wants the old 6s anymore.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Hey vk_pauly

I just started reading your thread. I got my son interested in old commodores when he was 16. He bought a VH for $500 and we have rebuilt it. We decided to get rid of the 253 auto and replaced it with a VL RB30 motor and 5 speed. It was a reasonably cheap conversion. It is worthwhile considering.

PM me I have some old commodore stuff you can have if you can use it.
I am just in Mordy.

Pete

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
Alrght Pete sounds good mate thankyou so much I just sent you an email when u jump online and read it please feel free too ring me matey I shall wait for your call tomorrow considering I willnt be doing anything anyway! Once again thanks mate take care!

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
Pretty decent pickup for $400
ps....hope ya dad improves soon !!

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
Thanks buddy :), saddest thing to say is his not gonna improve matey.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Nice pick up man I picked up my old VN for $300 from my uncle. Ended up costing $1000 on repairs :p
Im fair sure you could get your engine rebuilt for at-least $1000..

Yeah don't add a huge ass Tacho.. Unless seriously, Your car is gonna be in burnout comps, racing .. Or a big v8 with a manual :p
My VR has a tacho.. and apart from telling me how much my car is revving.. its fairly useless.. If you got a Auto.. there's no real point.. Even with a Manual you dont really need it.. You can hear if the engine is screaming for a gear change... :\