Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

This made me think... Read it slowly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Ok let me simplify this.

Original post: "DON'T SPEED"
Your response: "BE A RESPONSIBLE PARENT"

How is that not turning the topic around?
So funny.

You are wrong...

It was more like:
Original post: "A SPEEDING DRIVER KILLED MY DAUGHTER WHEN SHE WAS ON THE ROAD SO DON'T SPEED"

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
You are wrong...

It was more like:
Original post: "A SPEEDING DRIVER KILLED MY DAUGHTER WHEN SHE WAS ON THE ROAD SO DON'T SPEED"

Ok, so what exactly was the point of the story? To me, the message was "don't speed". It was a story designed to touch the hearts of people and to make them realise that it isn't worth the risk of speeding, because sometimes accidents happen and if a child just happened to walk out in front of your car and you weren't able to stop in time because you were speeding then you would have to live with the guilt for the rest of your life.

The message was aimed at drivers. It said, very simply, "don't speed".
If it were a story of a parent having lost their child due to irresponsibility then fair enough, discuss that issue.
The story was about the speeding driver, not the irresponsible parent. Get it?

EDIT: Just also want to add that the story says the girl was killed by a speeding car. How do you know she was on the road? That assumption was made for some reason... and considering the discussion about irresponsible parenting was based on an assumption then yes the topic was definitely turned on its head.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Ok, so what exactly was the point of the story? To me, the message was "don't speed". It was a story designed to touch the hearts of people and to make them realise that it isn't worth the risk of speeding, because sometimes accidents happen and if a child just happened to walk out in front of your car and you weren't able to stop in time because you were speeding then you would have to live with the guilt for the rest of your life.

The message was aimed at drivers. It said, very simply, "don't speed".
If it were a story of a parent having lost their child due to irresponsibility then fair enough, discuss that issue.
The story was about the speeding driver, not the irresponsible parent. Get it?

You're entitled to your interpretation, I'll give you that...

For me, it certainly made me think but it didn't tell me "don't speed".

The story in my OP is about a cop that lost his daughter not about speeding. You get it?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
EDIT: Just also want to add that the story says the girl was killed by a speeding car. How do you know she was on the road? That assumption was made for some reason... and considering the discussion about irresponsible parenting was based on an assumption then yes the topic was definitely turned on its head.

FYI - You can speed without breaking the law.

And for the record, if it was a 60 zone the driver could have been doing 50 and hit the kid and she would still likely have died. 70 and she dies. Breaking the speed limit becomes the scapegoat. Nothing more. If it was a car accident it would have had to be high speed or head on. In which case the same applies. Being in a car accident at 90kph or 110kph is likely to kill you regardless. Problem is, if it's the latter the speed is the scapegoat again and somehow becomes the cause of the crash.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
You're entitled to your interpretation, I'll give you that...

For me, it certainly made me think but it didn't tell me "don't speed".

The story in my OP is about a cop that lost his daughter not about speeding. You get it?

How did he lose his daughter? The fact that she was killed by a speeding driver was emphasised, no other reason.

So, did you post the story to make us think about our parenting skills? I highly doubt it.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
How did he lose his daughter? The fact that she was killed by a speeding driver was emphasised, no other reason.

You are correct. She was killed by a speeding driver, but not because of a speeding driver.

I posted the OP to make everyone think... minux just pointed out the obvious and most people clearly don't understand his points.

Status
Not open for further replies.