Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

This made me think... Read it slowly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If I proved your point that speed isn't the only cause of car accidents then so be it, I wasn't refuting that. The argument you seem to be making is that if the parents were responsible and didn't allow the child to be on the road in the first place, then he/she would not have been killed. In my case, if the pole were not there, I wouldn't have hit it.
Sometimes things happen that are out of our control (ei. child on the road or the pole being there etc.) and we should try our best to minimise the risk of an accident when the unexpected occurs. That is the point of this thread, but you turned it on it's head and started debating about parental responsibilities.

Poles are different they are ALWAYS there.

Children however can be controlled and can be kept from the roads. If a child is on the road it is the fault of the parents, how bloody hard is that to comprehend? If you hit a pole it is because of something you have done, if you hit a child that has run onto the road it is a new obstacle put their due to the pathetic parenting skills of a parent. Blame in these cases should on the parent and no one else.

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
As a motorcyclist, the issue of inattentive drivers is quite a big one. I couldn't count the number of times I have almost been hit by people simply not paying attention. It makes me wonder sometimes that if I was hit by someone in a car, and they drove off, would my (possible) resultant death be attributed to speed simply because I ride a bike?

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
You're still missing the point. Yes the pole is always there, but the accident could have been avoided if I was being attentive enough.
Although a child is not always on the road, and should not be on the road, there is always the chance that it may happen and you as driver should be driving responsibly to minimise the risk of any injury or death in the event that it does happen. Doing the speed limit, or below it, is one thing we can do on the roads to be a responsible driver.

Poles are different they are ALWAYS there.

Children however can be controlled and can be kept from the roads. If a child is on the road it is the fault of the parents, how bloody hard is that to comprehend? If you hit a pole it is because of something you have done, if you hit a child that has run onto the road it is a new obstacle put their due to the pathetic parenting skills of a parent. Blame in these cases should on the parent and no one else.

Parenting skills was not the point of the thread. Go to a parenting forum and discuss your issues about irresponsible parenting there. This is a cars forum and the subject of this thread concerns our responsibility as drivers on the road.
I still don't get why you turned the topic around and criticised the parenting skills of the parent in the story when the point of the story was to basically say don't speed.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
As a motorcyclist, the issue of inattentive drivers is quite a big one. I couldn't count the number of times I have almost been hit by people simply not paying attention. It makes me wonder sometimes that if I was hit by someone in a car, and they drove off, would my (possible) resultant death be attributed to speed simply because I ride a bike?

Highly doubt it. There are numerous campaigns (or at least there have been!) out there encouraging the need to be aware or motorcyclists.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Commsirac, you seem to be quick at shooting down anyone who does any report that goes against your beliefs, what reports have you released, what studies have you done what are you qualifications? Apart from forum warrior going against everything anyone has to say?

Here we go again, shooting the messenger, somehow that will give credibility to your arguments? Ive pointed out how youve just pulled some quotes/opinions that have no validity/obvious flaws in logic, its nothing to do with me....its to do with you and who you are quoting. Have a go at supporting them, rather than trying your normal bully boy tactics. Or perhaps read what you offer carefully next time, perhaps you thought it looked authoritive etc....to the gullible at least.

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
And that proves your point that an accident involving a motorbike will automatically be attributed to speeding, how?

If you care to read my post again, you will notice that I said "it makes me wonder if". I was putting forward a query, not a point.

And if people aren't paying attention when they drive, do you think they will pay attention to campaigns about driving? Putting up a sign to make people aware of something does not automatically fix poor driving habits or bad driver-training.

It is really something you need to experience yourself to see what I am talking about.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Parenting skills was not the point of the thread. Go to a parenting forum and discuss your issues about irresponsible parenting there. This is a cars forum and the subject of this thread concerns our responsibility as drivers on the road.
I still don't get why you turned the topic around and criticised the parenting skills of the parent in the story when the point of the story was to basically say don't speed.

:rofl:

I didnt turn the topic around, i responded to a post, funny that huh?

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you care to read my post again, you will notice that I said "it makes me wonder if". I was putting forward a query, not a point.

And if people aren't paying attention when they drive, do you think they will pay attention to campaigns about driving? Putting up a sign to make people aware of something does not automatically fix poor driving habits or bad driver-training.

It is really something you need to experience yourself to see what I am talking about.

Ok fair enough. But my response was that it probably wouldn't be automatically attributed to speed, and I mentioned the campaigns to show that it is recognised that drivers are unaware of motorbikes. Hence, the unawareness of the driver of the car would probably be automatically attributed to the accident, not speed. Unless of course speed is an obvious factor. :)

:rofl:

I didnt turn the topic around, i responded to a post, funny that huh?

Ok let me simplify this.

Original post: "DON'T SPEED"
Your response: "BE A RESPONSIBLE PARENT"

How is that not turning the topic around?
So funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.