Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

THROTTLE BODY Upgrade

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
Hi guys just wondering what V8 Throttle bodies would fit on my 1994 VR S1 3.8L V6 its a non eco-tech engine and I have heard that they fix right on is this true, which models, 5.0L? Gen3? I have seen some of these cheap and would love to get any power gain possible, I have just removed the bellmouth and noticed a big change, more so then the change from airbox to pod. The removal of the bellmouth is an easy to do, easy to un-do mod that gives you a noticeable power gain off the mark, if you would like a step-by-step guide just ask. But please if you know anything about the V8 throttle body and if its a easy step up or not let me know ASAP, cause I don't have much time to snap up the bargain

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
It's the 5.0L ones, which model(s) I don't know...I don't think they changed sizes from model to model...?

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
hmmmm

Well does anybody have a pic of a VN to VR 5.0L throttle body, nice and close and if possible the side that bolts on, to see if it will match up thanks :)

Last edited:

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Still ???

I still after a pic of one just incase its not a match, plus does anyone know round abouts the normal price of one so I know if I'm getting ripped off or getting a bargin, found a great holden spares place out where I am "OZ Car Parts" I think thats what there called, got a front reinforcing bar for $60 brand new, Pick and payless wanted $100 for a used one, what a joke, and they do kits, they have VR-VS full body kit conversion to VT,VX,VY for under $1000. :yeah:
I will get there number and post it up when I go back for more parts, so if you guys can find that stuff out for me it would be great

M

MATT

this is probably stupid questions but will i get a power increase if i change my VS V6 TB for a VS V8 TB? will it be a straight swap?
any help would be good thanks

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
MATT said:
this is probably stupid questions but will i get a power increase if i change my VS V6 TB for a VS V8 TB? will it be a straight swap?
any help would be good thanks
you will get nothing as a V8 throttle body won't fit an ecotec only the 3800 buicks (VN-VR)
AirStrike :air:

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Commsport do (did) oversize throttle bodies for most commodores, but their website doesn't exist, not sure if it's down or they have taken it down..

http://www.commsport.com.au

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
to your question to what they look like, they are exactly the same as a 6 cyl TB but with a larger bore. all bilts will line up and the sensors will plug straight in