Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle position sensor ve ss. Check engine light

Smurf87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss 08
My 08 ve ss check engine light comes on the car goes into energy active mode (power save).
I have taken the car to 2 different mechanics ( not a holden dealership) and they have both said the code that comes up relates to the throttle position sensor (tps).
By what i have read u cant change the tps in the ve ss and it seems the only way to fix this problem is buy a new throttle body. I have checked prices at repco they want $1600 and i hav also found them for $600 or $800 on ebay and other sites.
I have had the throttle body cleaned by one mechanic even though i have done it before by myself. Then last time i took the whole throttle body off and gave it a good clean. Once i gave it a good clean the car ran sweet for about 6 weeks until the same fault came up.
Just wondering if anyone else has had these problems i dont want to spend that much money if it wont fix the problem.
Cheers

Chappsladd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 getrag hsv enhanced ute, vs berlina wagon
Having a similar issue myself man was also having tps issues in my vs which gave me the idea that could be it only cause symptoms are the same and when changed it in the vs not an issue since but now I’m struggling to find a ve tps for my mother’s omega if anyone reads this and knows where I can find one let me know please TIA

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There are tiny contact strips that make up a series of contacts. (If that makes sense) They can wear and they (the tiny ones) can also fuse together and create intermittent faults or permanent faults.

The really little contacts can only be seen with a magnifying glass. I think it’s 11 or 13 make one larger looking contact and there is 5 of them if I recall. I did post some photos of the TPS in an old thread.

don’t buy parts like this through Repco. It’s an anagram for Rip Every Poor C$&* Off.

eBay or SparesBox. Eagle Auto Parts or try Amazon US.