Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle Position

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I see you are in QLD. Join the RACQ and avail. yourself of their diagnostic service. In the long run it will save you a lot of money. You will also have the benefit of roadside assist. Good luck.,

Bubbles86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS
Running 98 octane only in it, was told not to put anything else. Even go to the extreme of going to different servos. All suggested by the local dealers' mechanic. Car is just over 4 years old and have been told they're all in good condition. They did mention something about the spark plugs on Friday but it wasn't anything major to note, I think they just checked they were all in tact.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Running 98 octane only in it, was told not to put anything else. Even go to the extreme of going to different servos. All suggested by the local dealers' mechanic. Car is just over 4 years old and have been told they're all in good condition. They did mention something about the spark plugs on Friday but it wasn't anything major to note, I think they just checked they were all in tact.

How many Km's on the clock so far? Most spark plugs have a life of 100,000km give or take.

Bubbles86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS
The issue was picked up during new car warranty so havent paid a cent... yet. Just dont know how long that will last for which makes it all the more frustrating.

Bubbles86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS
Thanks Muke, I think that has given me some very helpful info to use with the local dealer

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
I'm sure that 11.2v is while cranking, mine drops into 10's but goes up when running.

Ah yeah, that makes sense. And when I re-read the posts, I can only put it down to having a blonde moment. Cheers mate.

Thanks Muke, I think that has given me some very helpful info to use with the local dealer

Hope it helps and you get it sorted. Also, being the problem has been noted under warranty you don't have to worry about not solving it before the warranty runs out. The claim was made under warranty, so they can't start charging you just because it takes them so long to fix.