Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecm plug & play

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 3.6L commodore omega automatic
Hi guys, i have a 2006 VE V6 omega can anyone tell are the ecm/ecu plug & play as in can i go and buy one from the wreckers and just plug it in and technically it should just work or does it have the anti theft circuit built in. The reason being i have codes of P0500-00 and P0122 and P2138 so the P0500 are all wheel sensor codes, all failed at the same time whilst driving the other 2 codes are throttle /pedal position sensor/switch 'A' circuit low and throttle/pedal position sensor/switch 'D'/'E' voltage correlation so since i am having all these voltage signal problems i am wondering if the ecm or ecu what ever you wish to call it are just a plug & play unit or once installed do i have to get all the circuit numbers as in anti theft and the VIN and all the calibration numbers done to that vehicle. cheers guys

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You will need the same ECM and you will need to have it matched to your car with a high end scan tool.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
must be exact same service number and will need the VIN programmed into it and linked to the vehicle/modules

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
As stated service number & model number needs to match to clone the unit but to buy one and reset and link the code on the ECU must match or the system operating system will be different and need SPS2 programming.

So in this photo which is not for your car but will suffice as a demo the "#serv" and model "E39" must match to clone.
To reset & link the "AA69" needs to be exactly the same to match the cars operating system or it will need programming through SPS2.

Yes I know I have repeated what I wrote twice.
e39 dont delete.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
As stated service number & model number needs to match to clone the unit but to buy one and reset and link the code on the ECU must match or the system operating system will be different and need SPS2 programming.

So in this photo which is not for your car but will suffice as a demo the "#serv" and model "E39" must match to clone.
To reset & link the "AA69" needs to be exactly the same to match the cars operating system or it will need programming through SPS2.

Yes I know I have repeated what I wrote twice.View attachment 263942
You can clone them, yeah?

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
You can clone them, yeah?
Yes I can clone them as long as they are readable. (Have put a few in the freezer for 3 hours and made them readable enough to get them cloned)
E38 E39 E39+ and some others can do all on the bench (AC Delco)
E69 & E77 can be cloned but need to be reset and relinked (Bosch) so need the vehicle to be present
E55 I think is the same as E69 & E77 but can confirm that this week as doing one Tuesday/Wednesday

AC Delco ones can also remove VATS & DOD (AFM in OZ)

All of them can remove downstream O2 codes for open exhausts etc.

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi guys and thanks for your replies. i thought it would just like that, so much crap to do, these commodores i am finding out bit by bit are crap. Guys compared to my Pajero done 380k+ my Paj has been a dream. GM should have given or given the option to buy the Tech2 scanner and tools when purchasing the vehicle.Anyway i fixed up (well i hope so,no throwing of codes yet) my codes P0122 and P2138 by just simply replacing the accelerator pedal, i did a comparison of resistance readings on the 6 pins between the two units before installing the one i brought just in case it was going to have the same values and throw errors as well,so there was variants on every pin reading from old to new 2nd hand and i thought since there was variants on every pin and enough in changes to warrant fitting the new 2nd hand unit, so far i have done a bit of test driving and going to shops and gunning it and relaxing it and slowly from idling along to the max speed limit and there are no codes throwing as yet, so I'm keeping my finger crossed. Now i only have to get rid of this stupid P0500 code and as i say i don't believe you can just be merrily driving along and all of a sudden every wheel sensor decides (you know what guys lets go on strike, tools down and walk off the job site) there has to be a central module that is why i was asking about the ecu just in-case its that that has decided to throw it in. I will go back to the sensors and do a recheck with reading the resistance whilst spinning the front stub and the rear drums. Does anybody know are you suppose to have something like a +5v supply to the sensor on one wire Then naturally get the pulse from the other wire. Cheers Garry

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
wheel sensors are an inductive sensor so one side will be signal ground and other side a varying voltage that increases with wheel rotation, a/c signal

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The wheel sensor harness are a known issue. Start there before replacing modules.

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
wheel sensors are an inductive sensor so one side will be signal ground and other side a varying voltage that increases with wheel rotation, a/c signal
Good man thanks for that