Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecm plug & play

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 3.6L commodore omega automatic
The wheel sensor harness are a known issue. Start there before replacing modules.
Hi do you know are all the wheel sensors wires grouped together and then meet at a module some where or is it like the front sensor wires join together somewhere and the rear sensors join together somewhere then the 2 groups or the 4 individual wire meet up and plug into a central module and it is the task of that module to determine which wheel sensor is mucking up because as i have posted i just cant get my head around that you are driving and then all 4 sensors throw in the towel, what if you have a quad cam motor with 4 camshaft sensors are you then implying that the wiring harness could just pack it in and no feed back for the camshafts, i'm sure that each sensor wiring would be wound up into one loom but with in that loom each carries its own signal that goes to the ecu. I need this central module or as you say where ever these harnesses meet up. cheers

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
they are all separate as each is also used for the traction control and esp and ABS control, earths may join up but signals are all each wheel, not sure if they go to the abs first

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
they are all separate as each is also used for the traction control and esp and ABS control, earths may join up but signals are all each wheel, not sure if they go to the abs first
Yeh as i said i thought they would have to have individual looms so as to get the specific code per wheel but as i keep saying there must be a central point because you wouldn't have 4 sensors just go whilst just driving along, its like i was driving and someone pulled a fuse or cut the wiring loom or popped a relay, as you say does the signals go to the abs unit 1st then that determines what the wheels are up to then send the signal to the traction control, or if abs 1st and find a fault then lets the ecu know or sends all the signals to traction and that unit determines if all wheels are talking ok or it not getting a signal or signals from abs or ecu then throw a code.I am going to see if i can download a manual as i cant afford a tech2 scanner. Cheers

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
as far as im aware the all go to the ABS first for that to work (would look there first) then on the canbus i suspect they go to other modules/programs to then be use for other scenarios like the esp and traction

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
IPPLSaaX7ro8XXSY8ORty33FEfI4khgL_k5xXjfimyuF73MKv3PkPZ3TCPiGVLsk3G0RvMM73r4uYaNGfWXCvoDKLoYkSWfWSpRjFueVOlfEl3ZlkyD0pqS-EcihTdvvI6QgwPmtc3rK3VpGplk
I know exactly who would verify this. @OldSkoolGP who is merging VE ABS with VZ.

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
IPPLSaaX7ro8XXSY8ORty33FEfI4khgL_k5xXjfimyuF73MKv3PkPZ3TCPiGVLsk3G0RvMM73r4uYaNGfWXCvoDKLoYkSWfWSpRjFueVOlfEl3ZlkyD0pqS-EcihTdvvI6QgwPmtc3rK3VpGplk
I know exactly who would verify this. @OldSkoolGP who is merging VE ABS with VZ.
On the VZ platform, the route goes ECU ==> EBCM ==> PIM ==> TCM (if automatic) ==> OBD Connector
On the VE platform, there are a lot more modules, but I know the first two are ECU ==> EBCM

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
On the VZ platform, the route goes ECU ==> EBCM ==> PIM ==> TCM (if automatic) ==> OBD Connector
On the VE platform, there are a lot more modules, but I know the first two are ECU ==> EBCM
Actually it depends on the year of the VE on MY9.5 above you can unplug the EBCM and still access the system correctly albeit with ABS errors but with 2007-2009 if you unplug the EBCM the system becomes unstable and unusable.

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
thank you for another bit of info, i've just got to put it all together.cheers

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
thank you for another bit of info, i've just got to put it all together.cheer

Waterford

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore 2010 sportwagon
Hi uglyold!

May i ask....how much do you charge ve sidi 2010 omega ecm cloning?Thanks