Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thrown a piston?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
William, pay it forward, name and shame the 1st mechanic. Hopefully you can spare someone being ripped off.
This guy is either a crook at worst, or just plain lazy at best. No one should be taking their car to him either way.
Just keep in mind defamation laws are rather strong in Aus, and being stuck in court defending yourself because of a poorly expressed post isn’t any fun even if you are 100% in correct...

william77ize

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 holden commodore
I'm honestly pretty happy with my mechanic. I was just freaking out over the price. Looks like he put some second hand parts in which I don't mind since the car is fairly old anyway. I don't think he ripped me off at this point, I don't see why he would.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I'm honestly pretty happy with my mechanic. I was just freaking out over the price. Looks like he put some second hand parts in which I don't mind since the car is fairly old anyway. I don't think he ripped me off at this point, I don't see why he would.

He's scared because he know you got advice from other mechanics so he did the job right. Keep using him if you want he likely knows now you're not a customer to try and rip.
I just can't stand these guys though they give us all a bad name. I've worked with some people I'm freinds with that need to pull their heads in but it's hard to give them a revving over this sort of stuff because other mechanics hear about it.
I'm planning on moving to heavy diesel plant and machinery because I'm sick of the public customer market. Because you either deal with bad customers or bad work mates either treating each other badly.

william77ize

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 holden commodore
yeah, I got a mate that goes from shepparton to western australia 3-4 weeks on and 2 weeks off i think and he loves working on the machinery over there. and he gets enough money to travel like that. So yeah I'd say that'd be a good move

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
yeah, I got a mate that goes from shepparton to western australia 3-4 weeks on and 2 weeks off i think and he loves working on the machinery over there. and he gets enough money to travel like that. So yeah I'd say that'd be a good move
Yea also I know some heavy guys and operators one of my oldest mates is an operator. If I make a mistake it's easy to just blame the operator for being too harsh on his machine lololol.
Heavy has it's down falls as basically I'll just be a macgyver banaiding machines to keep the money rolling but I'll be on more money.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
He's scared because he know you got advice from other mechanics so he did the job right. Keep using him if you want he likely knows now you're not a customer to try and rip.
I just can't stand these guys though they give us all a bad name. I've worked with some people I'm freinds with that need to pull their heads in but it's hard to give them a revving over this sort of stuff because other mechanics hear about it.
I'm planning on moving to heavy diesel plant and machinery because I'm sick of the public customer market. Because you either deal with bad customers or bad work mates either treating each other badly.

Little tip from someone that has been around for a little bit....Don't matter where you work, you always strike a bad work mate.....

To me, I have no issue getting into a work mate for shoddy workmanship....After all, it can potentially put others peoples lives at risk, or put your reputation on the line.

And yeah, people can call me all the names under the sun over it, but at the end of the day, I know I have done my job properly knowing people aren't going to get hurt....

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Little tip from someone that has been around for a little bit....Don't matter where you work, you always strike a bad work mate.....

To me, I have no issue getting into a work mate for shoddy workmanship....After all, it can potentially put others peoples lives at risk, or put your reputation on the line.

And yeah, people can call me all the names under the sun over it, but at the end of the day, I know I have done my job properly knowing people aren't going to get hurt....

I wasn't talking about dangerous work being done but more truth streching.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I wasn't talking about dangerous work being done but more truth streching.

Still happens everywhere and still wouldn't phase me opening my mouth to a fellow work mate about it....

Thing is, they try it once and get away with it, they keep going...So nipping it in the bud straight away stops it re-occurring....If they crack a wally, stiff bikkies