Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for a new project!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Thanks! I'm a bit concerned about the rings but I guess I won't find out how well I did till she runs. Hopefully I can get a little more support from other vendors during the build.
Even if the motor doesn’t work out, you’ll know exactly what to do to fix it. It won’t be a big deal because you can do it with your eyes shut by now. You had enough headaches with the GTO (Monaro).

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe @crew chief @RevNev @07GTS have some feedback about the rings? You have a solid understanding of it all and overall, you have the right outlook on learning and having a go.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
@17:43 for the bit where he fits the rings.

I recon he’ll be fine.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
should be fine the oil ring pieces reused are just for holding it, the compression rings as long as the filed ends are parallel and not sharp edges will be fine, being at the larger side of the recommended clearance will be ok too with the pressures involved its not a leak its more the heat that gets them to butt thats the issue but that is on the safer side