Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for some new tyres

sketchey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportwagon S2
Could be the photo, but bridgestone's have a rounded edge profile. Here's a photo of a new tyre for comparison:
View attachment 152684

I'm pretty sure the same applies for most tyres, unless you go old school and get the cheap czech made tyres with high plastic content that get flat bottomed and squared in the heat.

It is hard to tell from the photos without some sort of 'scale' in the tread of the tyre, but if you look at the centre groove on your tyre it looks meaty as, meanwhile going from the bottom fully visible outside groove all the way to the 6th groove above they look fairly worn and feathered. All I am saying is your photo doesn't conclusively show what you are saying, hence people are taking your comments with a grain of salt.

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
I have Bridgestone potenzas on my ssv and I have been running on the max inflation pressure their whole life and my Tyres are worn on outside edge exactly the same.

I don't do burn outs or drive stupid and have got 32,000 out of them with regular balance and wheel alignment.
They are a good tyre but wear too fast IMOP.

Brad

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
I have Bridgestone potenzas on my ssv and I have been running on the max inflation pressure their whole life and my Tyres are worn on outside edge exactly the same.

I don't do burn outs or drive stupid and have got 32,000 out of them with regular balance and wheel alignment.
They are a good tyre but wear too fast IMOP.

Brad

I got 55000 out of my bridgies. Didnt baby them at all and had the pressure at 40psi

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I've got Federal 595's

From what i can tell, they're great

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
Any one used Dunlop sport max Tyres?
I can get a set for $280 fitted but havn't heard much about them
Tyre shop said retail is usually around $500 and they rate them.

Brad

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Any one used Dunlop sport max Tyres?
I can get a set for $280 fitted but havn't heard much about them
Tyre shop said retail is usually around $500 and they rate them.

Brad

I'm not the biggest fan of them myself.
They have great turn in response, but they aren't the best gripping tyre out there. They will initially slip when turned hard, then they grip (not proffered for emergency situations) or the most confidence inspiring when driving hard.

Hope this helps,
Glenn.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Hmm, i have received offers for Falken ZE912, Kuhmo KU31 and Michelin PS3's. I found very mixed views on the ZE912's, a lot of complaints on the Kuhmo KU31's from tread levels 50% and less and the PS3's were quoted at just over $400.00 each! Fkn ripoff.

So, i still keep searching, and searching, and searching.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
UFO, did you take my reply offensively?
Wasn't meant to be. I thought it was a polite way of saying "look before you leap". Just because You & Others get bad wear life from RE050's doesn't mean all users have the same experience (In your upper case shouting words "NO ONE") is unfounded as I have tried to point out:hmmm:

No dude, of course not!
I was trying to be funny... hence the picture.
Happy to agree to disagree, I was just making a little fun at your reasoning is all.
All good here mate :beer chug:.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Hmm, i have received offers for Falken ZE912, Kuhmo KU31 and Michelin PS3's. I found very mixed views on the ZE912's, a lot of complaints on the Kuhmo KU31's from tread levels 50% and less and the PS3's were quoted at just over $400.00 each! Fkn ripoff.

So, i still keep searching, and searching, and searching.

I paid $279 each for Michelin PS3's in 235/40/ZR18 about 3 months ago.