Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinted headlights

Rollin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Walky rep, VF SV6 Sportwagon
Hi guys, new here, just got myself a SV6 wagon and wondering if anyone knows where to get the headlights like in the link below? My wagon is currently white rolling on black DTM 20s and I'm blacking it out for side vents and badges etc. reckon these headlights would set it off! I've done a search but can only find details on sprays from superheap etc. these look almost factory.

Holden Commodore VF SS-V REDLINE 2014 | Trade Me

Cheers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I think you'll find that tinting headlights like that severely diminishes the light they put out.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Surely tinted headlights = very illegal?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Could be darker internals or was opened up and painted on the insides to make it look better

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Headlight in fact all vehicle lights must conform to ADR (Australian Design Rule) standards. To do otherwise will mean the vehicle (for on-road use) would be unroadworthy. It's not only the legality but also the increased risk to other road users if your lights are not performing to recognised standards.

AJAY79

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm Sportswagon
Looks like the reflective internal bezels have been painted.

Pretty common

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
They're Kiwi cars Benny so the ADR bible goes in your back pocket.

As for the look I think it's a smoked tint applied to the outside. Seen heaps from sale on Fleabay out of the middle kingdom so god knows which is quality and which is shiite.

Headlight in fact all vehicle lights must conform to ADR (Australian Design Rule) standards. To do otherwise will mean the vehicle (for on-road use) would be unroadworthy. It's not only the legality but also the increased risk to other road users if your lights are not performing to recognised standards.

Rollin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Walky rep, VF SV6 Sportwagon
Cheers guys, maybe it is just that the internals have been changed to black which gives the whole lens a darker look. And yep, I'm in NZ.

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
I used to use a set of headlight protectors that I put some window tint on for car shows a few years ago because tinted headlights are illegal here, made the car look tougher for the show and at the end would just take them off and put the clear set on for the drive home.