Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting Lights

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
sounds like you are jealous, i bet you wish you had some

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
um actually i do have them
but dont drive around with them on all the time

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
The point here is not weather fog lights are illegal to use in the day time but weather I can tint them legally.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
and the answer is no
the same as if your car doesnt have side indicators and you add them they must be working

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Head and tail light tinting is SOOOOOOOO stupid... MORON!
Thanks for nothing you STUPID F*#&.
I didn't ask weather you like it or not - I asked if it was legal.
If you don't have something good to say then shut F&#@ up.
Thanks to everyone else who actually answered my question in a polite manner.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
TigerVX said:
Thanks for nothing you STUPID F*#&.
I didn't ask weather you like it or not - I asked if it was legal.
If you don't have something good to say then shut F&#@ up.
Thanks to everyone else who actually answered my question in a polite manner.

Agree with that!!
The comment about whether its a good or bad idea has totally dick all to do with whether their illegal or not...
Waste of room, no-one gained anything from it....its like you just keyboard farted... a few people giggles but overall it was pointless!!

As to driving around with foglights on...
I drive with mine on practically all the time...why??
Caus everyone moves outta my way, which is kinda cool...
But mainly for the fact that people actually take notice of me when their about to pull out infront of me or doin sumfin else stupid that would involve me trying to avoid them in some way...
Before i installed my lights i was being cut oof n what not all the time, now...everyone moves out of my way....no one cuts me off..its great!!

NEWAYS!
Unfortunetly its totally illegal to tint headlights, taillights and indicators under ADR regulations from what i remember...not even by a lil like ur windows..
Main reason being is it does make it harder to see the brake lights when they come on...
Not only because the actual plastic is darker but also u start to get of a reflective effect goin on in some cases i have seen...

Never the less, i still wouldn't mind tinting my taillights a lil bit, like maybe 10% or so and i was planning on getting the covers like someone mentioned and tinting my headlights like that till i get my projector headlights...

But at the end of the day, i don't think anyone wants to attract attention from the police...so sticking within ur legal setup is probably best unless ur goin to a car show somewhere...

Cheers

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Jesterarts said:
Agree with that!!
The comment about whether its a good or bad idea has totally dick all to do with whether their illegal or not...
Waste of room, no-one gained anything from it....its like you just keyboard farted... a few people giggles but overall it was pointless!!

As to driving around with foglights on...
I drive with mine on practically all the time...why??
Caus everyone moves outta my way, which is kinda cool...
But mainly for the fact that people actually take notice of me when their about to pull out infront of me or doin sumfin else stupid that would involve me trying to avoid them in some way...
Before i installed my lights i was being cut oof n what not all the time, now...everyone moves out of my way....no one cuts me off..its great!!

NEWAYS!
Unfortunetly its totally illegal to tint headlights, taillights and indicators under ADR regulations from what i remember...not even by a lil like ur windows..
Main reason being is it does make it harder to see the brake lights when they come on...
Not only because the actual plastic is darker but also u start to get of a reflective effect goin on in some cases i have seen...

Never the less, i still wouldn't mind tinting my taillights a lil bit, like maybe 10% or so and i was planning on getting the covers like someone mentioned and tinting my headlights like that till i get my projector headlights...

But at the end of the day, i don't think anyone wants to attract attention from the police...so sticking within ur legal setup is probably best unless ur goin to a car show somewhere...

Cheers
Fog light's on all the time????...The purpose for those is self explanatory,unfortunately,some people just can't comprehend.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Key word in that being "practically"
the meaning of practically:

adv 1: almost; "he was practically the only guest at the party" 2: (degree adverb used before a noun phrase) for all practical purposes but not completely; "much the same thing happened every time"
thus, that pretty much means i use it when its practical...

More to the point...ur post was pointless, a waste, i feel dumber just having read it...

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
I have the rear lights tinted on my other car, and am thinking of doing it to the commodore..

When the lights are tinted on the outside, they do not affect the brightness of the lights. You can still see them clearly in daylight, and at night. The more coats you put on the darker it gets... But a couple of light coats looks hot..

407397_141_full.jpg

407397_84_full.jpg

Touch wood, I have never been picked on by the Police for having them tinted either... 1 of my friends years ago, tinted the lights on the inside of the lens.. It still looked good, but you could not see anything out of them during the day... At night it was OK... Not sure why he did that tho ...