Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To the haters of chevy badges

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
i liking this thing to the yellow camaro limo that pics are floating around at the moment, they both shouldn't be done, it just takes away from the car in its fine form.

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
I reckon it's a pretty out there idea for people who want to be different. Example, I've got the Pontiac front.

Different set of mags would prob improve the look but the two tone sort of sets it off even more.

Bit too pricey though

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
I THINK IT IS ABSOLUTE ****..

If they have enough skill to copy and produce this front end and kit, why the hell didn't they just make something new instead?

i wish there was someway for chev to nail every wanker with these badges on holdens with some kind of copyright lawsuit

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32

If they have enough skill to copy and produce this front end and kit, why the hell didn't they just make something new instead?

i wish there was someway for chev to nail every wanker with these badges on holdens with some kind of copyright lawsuit

Sue the chinese, where every cheap dudded import copy comes from.... "No we can't do that, it'll mess up diplomatic relations, instead we'll allow it and watch our economy bomb out..."

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997

It seems to have escaped your attention that the Holden Commodore is sold by General Motors in a few different markets under different brands/badges in the GM family. So perhaps you missed that various series of Commodores (not just VEs, but VZ, VY .......) have, for example, been sold for years in the Middle East under the CHEVROLET brand and are branded and badged as CHEVROLET LUMINAS. So here is a picture of a nice (series 1 VE) Chevy Lumina.

Chevrolet Lumina 2008 - transfer account - Dubai - Cars - chevrolet lumina specification

Then of course we had the VE Holden Commodore V8s selling in the US as Pontiac G8s (and before that Holden Monaros - as Pontiac GTOs) until the GM financial "crash" and bailout and the cessation of the entire Pontiac division during restructuring.

If you go to the UK you can buy a VE Holden commodore (HSV version) under the Vauxhall brand - the Vauxhall VXR8 model (and before that Monaros were sold as Vauxhalls).

Well - the audacity of GM to sell Commodores as CHEVROLET Luminas.

So mate I hardly think the Parent Company, General Motors, or it's 100% owned and controlled Aussie Division - Gemeral Motors Holden - loses any sleep at all over Aussies placing Chevy badges on their Holden Commodores (or by others on their Vauxhalls and whatever else). (Not that they can or would want to do anything about it in any event. In fact I note quite a few Holden dealers were selling Chevy badges and grilles from their parts departments and some still are).

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
MISSED THAT? no i am well aware of this,
but you see the difference in you examples is they take a holden and improve it,
take the vxr8 for example, it would blow the doors off the monaro

but all of this is beside the point

the guys making the kit are not part of GM and they are reproducing a GM front end and selling it for profit,
so in light of that, i cant see how your retard statement applies

they have no affiliation with GM derp.jpg.........

this matters not though, it still looks like **** and i only said what i said because i wish chev badges on holdens would stop.

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 50th anniversary Manual FG XR6T
I didn't wade through all the posts but first impressions are ..........why the hell did he do that ??? ....2nd impressions were pretty much the same really.... Not my cup of tea !
I'd rather put that amount of cash into making it stupidly fast !

As for the Chev badges, I actually like them on Holdens ! I don't see what the big deal about fitting them but i ain't an Aussie so maybe its an Aussie thing. I like them and its a personal thing after all.