Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tones VX SS Mod Thread

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Momentous Day.

Finally, after 6 weeks, I was actually able to do something to the car.
A few really small things, but it was all I could manage. Probably did more than I should, but it's been a long while.

Tyre Placard

A small thing, and I'm sure it wouldn't make any difference if I was pulled over, but what the heck.

Placcardold_zps9eec5775.jpg

Placcardnew_zps6ae29b2e.jpg

Anti theft number plate screws

Numberplatescrews_zpsb0c9d56c.jpg

Map Pocket Clips

Before the operation I switched the seat foams, from drivers to passengers. Made heaps of difference and now the "saggy" side is the passengers next to the centre console. But I managed to f k the clips on both sides. So today they were replaced.

mappocket_zps475c7337.jpg

mappocket2_zps92aaa321.jpg

Door Hinge Caps

I noticed I was missing a couple, so last order from Holden I got a few spares. No big deal if they were missing and I'm sure no one would have noticed, But I knew they were missing. It's funny how the little things eat at me.

DoorHingeCaps_zpsed7f57ec.jpg

doorhinge_zps844ea610.jpg

Better get some WD-40 onto that rusty hinge!

Like I said all little things that people do without even really thinking about it, and being laid up for all this time makes me realize how much I took for granted.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Finally, after 6 weeks, I was actually able to do something to the car.
A few really small things, but it was all I could manage. Probably did more than I should, but it's been a long while.

Tyre Placard

A small thing, and I'm sure it wouldn't make any difference if I was pulled over, but what the heck.

Placcardold_zps9eec5775.jpg

Placcardnew_zps6ae29b2e.jpg

So you have modified your car with the express purpose of deceiving the authorities and then published that on a public forum?? Why not just run compliant wheels and appropriately load rated tires?

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Dont think you need the new tyre placard..you can go 2 inches bigger in rim size without breaking any laws in SA .so ss came with 17eens and your ok to 19eens..

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dont think you need the new tyre placard..you can go 2 inches bigger in rim size without breaking any laws in SA .so ss came with 17eens and your ok to 19eens..

Hahaha that makes it even more stupid :lmao:. These things are statutory plates/documents/whatever and altering them or applying them fraudulently turns a (potentially) very minor offence into a criminal matter which could have far reaching implications many years into the future if things go pear shaped.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate your thoughts.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
So you have modified your car with the express purpose of deceiving the authorities and then published that on a public forum?? Why not just run compliant wheels and appropriately load rated tires?

I have no problem with changing a sticker and posting it on a public forum, and I also have no problem with the compliance of my wheels and tyres. My intent was never to deceive anyone.
As I said in my early posts, because I have so much time on my hands and currently no physical ability to do much to my car, this thread is more of a log of all things I have done before I forget.
If this is the incorrect place to do it, please let me know and I'll move it or even delete it and move it somewhere else.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2

Thanks Kanga, I had a fair Idea that is the case, but didn't think changing the sticker would hurt.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Hahaha that makes it even more stupid :lmao:. These things are statutory plates/documents/whatever and altering them or applying them fraudulently turns a (potentially) very minor offence into a criminal matter which could have far reaching implications many years into the future if things go pear shaped.

After spending 2 mins looking into it, in SA you can only vary your rim size by 15mm larger or smaller than the placard says, so either way would be non compliant.
And yes I understand I have shared this information on a public forum.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
The 2 inch rule is bs and has been for a very long while. It's rolling diameter you can't change by more then 15mm.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have no problem with changing a sticker and posting it on a public forum, and I also have no problem with the compliance of my wheels and tyres. My intent was never to deceive anyone.
As I said in my early posts, because I have so much time on my hands and currently no physical ability to do much to my car, this thread is more of a log of all things I have done before I forget.
If this is the incorrect place to do it, please let me know and I'll move it or even delete it and move it somewhere else.

That is not just any old sticker as you well know and if your intent wasn't to deceive anybody then why do it?