Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tools

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Just ordered a 0-30v 0-5A Bench Power Supply.
Multicomp Pro MP710086
Found the same make/model for 3 different prices on Element14.

Been using a 0-20v variable one we made at Trade school back in 2009/10 which has been flawless but as have been playing with 24v stuff it no longer fits the bill.
Could've figured out how to modify it, but for laziness just bought one instead.

Should make prototyping up and playing with some stuff alot easier.
Plus this will live in the shed, by the bench.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have a $100 tool voucher for Nuts and Bolts Tas. But I'm struggling to think of what I need that is around $100 or slightly less in a Teng or Toledo range. Teng TW's are no longer much good since they went with a new supplier and are getting come backs due to poor calibration. I've had the voucher since Christmas and I am really struggling to know what to spend it on, that I will have something to show for if I get asked what I bought with it.

In saying this, anyone had any experience with the Toledo 3/8 TW? I could probably get one in my $100 budget. There is another brand Nuts & Bolts recommend but the price is close to $300 IIRC. I just can't remember the brand and it could well be a Warren & Brown, which I know are good.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ended up with these from my $100 voucher. They had some Bordo ones but they were $120 and my voucher was only for $100. I figured the amount of torque I'll apply on these types of screws will never exceed the capability of the Teng ones. Plus Teng tools are good quality apart from their new TW's. Primarily they will be used on the bike fairings which are not done up too tight. These will work well in getting a feel too, whereas the 3/8 ratchet could be a little easier to over-tighten. These also have that ball end so working on angles won't be an issue.

20240429_193424.jpg

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Got to play with the Power Supply.
Can recommend it.
Told the old man about it (being only $100) and he reckons thats pretty good.

Looking at it, couldve maybe gone for the 60v variable one, or a dual channel.
But for one to chuck in the Shed itll do just whats needed.