Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Total disregard for other road users.

LeojVS

Qawwa.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 S Ute, 76 Buick
Nah, but as previously stated by several people, they SHOULD be. It's the road, bikes are considered a means of transportation, therefore i believe as well, they should have to pay rego for road use. Maybe not as much as cars, but still, maybe $250 or so a year for rego. If they can be insured via car insurance like cars, why can't they have the whole package???

Cobez, I agree, it is a form of transportation. About 400kms a month I ride as transport, and the other 2-300 are for exercise/fun. To be honest, I think the whole bike rego will come. One day. I wont bitch and complain when it does. Its just another money grab for the government too.

$250 might be a bit steep! Can we pay like cars do? Via weight? Whats 9.3kgs worth?? :yeah:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ouch, on the sig isn't nice, i'd take his bike if it was a decent road bike, sell it, maybe that would cover the costs of repair.

I have been watching the guy for the last few days in the XR6, he rides the same route every day. I am just awaiting a response from police on what action I can take.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
So now im stupid because i want to exercise???

I don't recall saying that at all. Get an excercise bike if you want to do it for excersise!

Just quit riding on my roads!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Good call!! (minux) ^^^ I doubt they will say "go steal his bike" or "go thump him" or "go borrow one of the 30 billion low VN's on 22 million inch wheels around here and run him over" though :p

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
the thing that ****s me the most is those stickers you see on bikes which read 'one less car', as if they're saving the planet or something and we should feel guilty.

it's bull**** because as well as rego, money from taxes in petrol (and i think money from speeding fines) is supposed to go to road maintainence. so really we're paying their way while people like these give use **** and generally act so superior they make bono look modest by comparison.

LeojVS

Qawwa.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 S Ute, 76 Buick
As for seeing other humans die in horrible ways, does not phase me, I am sure I seen and witnessed a lot worse than you have.

well thats great for you. Either your in denial or lying.
Im sure 99.9% of people would be affected after having a persons guts sprayed over them after they jumped infront of a freight train. Sure ****ed me up.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I don't recall saying that at all. Get an excercise bike if you want to do it for excersise!

Just quit riding on my roads!

An exercise bike, thats like comparing a roast with a microwave dinner. Or a blow up doll vs real sex.
I want the real thing, I enjoy getting out on the bike, the route i take goes passed the wet lands and then out pass the RAAF base, not to mention fresh air, how am i suppose to enjoy all that on a exercise bike, but maybe if i put the exercise bike on a small unregistered unroadworthy trailer and got a mate to tow me around that would be acceptable :yeah:

Cobez - I tottally agree their should be a fee for us to ride on the road, especially with all the new bike lanes they have added for us, but the thing us cyclist cant pay it because the goverment hasnt brang it in. But I for one would be happy to pay it, but i cant. Maybe i can donate to JC as part of my bike rego lol.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
a persons guts sprayed over them after they jumped infront of a freight train.

LOL!!! That's cool... Why doesn't anything interesting happen when I'm at a train station? :(

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
well thats great for you. Either your in denial or lying.
Im sure 99.9% of people would be affected after having a persons guts sprayed over them after they jumped infront of a freight train. Sure ****ed me up.

I wouldn't be too inclined to not believe anything Minux said about seeing blood, guts and ****ed up **** like that. Being ex army and all. :D