Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Towbar accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I remove the tongue section of my towbar and it sits flush with my bumper main reason so it dosen't rust.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
DVSV8, i dont reckon they make a vehicle look ugly all that much, i can see their logical use as more than just for towing. E.g. the second day i had my car in Victoria someone thought a green light meant i would move straight away instead of waiting for the other cars in front. She hit me, no damage to my vehicle, tow bar did all the damage to hers and protected mine. Probably the only reason i keep it on all the time. Just in case. Oh, and i do a bit of towing. As for that rubber, why waste $5 (when they can be stolen anyways)? I know it's there, i've NEVER shinned myself and i wont, even when half asleep i dont walk into it.

I would've liked my vehicle to have the heavier tow bar packages for looks (with the square design), but then you loose protection.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
So what the hell are you talking about then? Could be a family members shirt, girlfriends shirt etc just happens to be sitting in his car.

Who the hell was talking to you wozzle

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
You posted on a public forum, If you didnt want members of this forum commenting on what you say then say it in a private message.

PM sent.....

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
if its fitted from holden like that it cant be illegal

thats why i love the H/D kit on my car, an R clip and pin and the hitch pulls straight out

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Yea, i'd love the H/D kit for looks, but i dont exactly want to pay the asking price.... even at trade price from Holden!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea, i'd love the H/D kit for looks, but i dont exactly want to pay the asking price.... even at trade price from Holden!

yeah they are a bit more exxy but, it does come with alot of extra things, like air shocks, extra heatshilds, hitch etc etc,

i didnt pay for it, the fleet guys at work did lol, but it sure comes in handy

Pete SS

Resident Pomme
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS M6
I've got the type of tow bar that locks in with a pin and R clip. Are these the heavy duty ones then? (It was on when I bought it)

What are load limits compared to a standard one?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've got the type of tow bar that locks in with a pin and R clip. Are these the heavy duty ones then? (It was on when I bought it)

What are load limits compared to a standard one?

the h/d kits are rated to 2100kg braked,

there was a square hitch 1600kg kit too though, but there will be a sticker on the inside of the drivers door jam, and on the towbar ontop of where the hitch slides in,

in saying that though, i wouldnt go towing something heavier than the car anyway, unless it was slow and around town, not over 80km/h

Status
Not open for further replies.