Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TPMS showing low pressure FLH wheel. MY17 SSV SPORTSWAGON.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
And as I said, my info's old, and maybe lower profile tyres can't be plugged the way you used to be able to do them.

Most screw/nail type punctures can be plugged, punctures from a bolt etc means damage is terminal.

Reactions: NME

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
All booked in for today @ Ian Diffen Rockingham.
2x BRIDGESTONE Potenza 245 RE050A.
Me being Mr Instant Gratification n’all, I want my tyres TODAY !!!
Both local Bridgestone stores are unable to source the tyres today, yet Ian Diffen ARE able to source them TODAY ! So I pay an extra $80 or so, but I get them today. Also Ian Diffen Rockingham have 115 5 star reviews compared to 42 5 star reviews for the Rocko Bridgestone store.

I'm assuming you have a Redline. Make sure Ian Diffen are supplying you with the OE Holden version. Bridgestone make 2 types of the 245/40/19 RE050a. One spec for Holden and the other is for general market. From memory the general market tyre has a lower load rating then the Holden spec tyre.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
And as I said, my info's old, and maybe lower profile tyres can't be plugged the way you used to be able to do them.
yeah they still can, but like with most things in life it depends

my VF has been a magnet for punctures, i think ive had about 5 in what 3 years
my VE didnt have quite the problem, in fact i dont think ive had 5 punctures total in cars prior to my VF

VF
one screw, tyre was generally ok but on tread edge cant be plugged
another screw, far enough into tread, but the screw ended up destroying the inside of the tyre, i literally drove back down my street to change it.
other screws, far enough into tread, plugged fine

Reactions: NME

Brown Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Nitrate Manual Redline
I've had plenty of punctures from screws and the like repaired - in same profile tyres (40) - none in the VF so far. Question for the OP, did you get a tyre joint to look at repairing the puncture ? Used to cost 30-40 bucks

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I ... I don't want to be an arsehole & tell you something when it's too late to do anything about it ... PLUS my information could be old, so you can't take what I say as gospel.

However, every time I've ever had a screw or a nail in a tyre, they've use a specially-designed plug and it's cost me only about $50-$80 or thereabouts. Because if you drive like my wife does, you'd get another 20k+ km's out of those front tyres, which is ... what, about $300's worth?

Given you're driving what's probably a ~$60k car which uses just fuel at ~20c/km, that ~$200 isn't worth worrying about that much; but maybe just something to remember in future. :)

I had a 285/25R20 which some people consider to be fairly low profile plugged after picking up a nail and it was still fine 5 years later when I replaced it because the tread was getting near the end of its life.

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS V Redline VF Series II Sportswagon
I'm assuming you have a Redline. Make sure Ian Diffen are supplying you with the OE Holden version. Bridgestone make 2 types of the 245/40/19 RE050a. One spec for Holden and the other is for general market. From memory the general market tyre has a lower load rating then the Holden spec tyre.
Actually there’s about 5 versions ! I didn’t read this until the job had been done. Fortunately they fitted the right tyre. Load Limit 98 Speed Spec Y.

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS V Redline VF Series II Sportswagon
Thanks everyone for taking the time to contribute information. I will put it down to a learning experience.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Would've been a firm ride o_O

Still is.

245/30R20 on the front and 285/25R20 on the rear but as the rebound and compression on the coilovers is screwed right down the height of the tyre walls are immaterial under the circumstances.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
You know a forum has turned to absolute garbage when there's 2 pages of people duscussing a flat tyre.. RIP