Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tripin'...

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
VSUTE said:
when you get the new cluster and such is it possible to change the odometer to read what your car has really done? people could see it as misleading cos it could have lower Kms on it

The Computer in the VR/VS will allow km adjustment only within the first 1000kms i think .. Might be a different figure, but the kms can only be changed very early in the cars life .. Tho, i've got a suspicion, that the kms are actually stored in the ECU, not the dash?

Could be wrong on the last one tho ..

tropical^fish

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Calais 5.0
I got a VP II S Pak, and i got a lev 3 cluster from a mate and it was installed with a SV5000 patch harness from Commwreck... but, the backlights for the trip computer dont work... is there any way to check if a wire is loose of if the backlights on the LCD are actually dead. thanks

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
try the grey wire in the no4 connector for 12v when you think it should .............sometimes they have a ign 12v feed on it meaning the backlights are on while the engine is running and some setups have it only come on only when the lights are on.

D

david shaw

hi there.. i have recently done a calais dash swap on my vr ss. it was pretty straight forward ill tell u what i done... find a wrecked calais, statesman or berlina depending on what options u want make sure it has the same motor as your car ... on the drivers side fire wall there is a loom comming out this goes through to the fues box in the engine bay around to the head lights then around to the cruise ,, abig ring around the bay.. dissconnect every thing this goes to & pop the whole loom through the firewall.... inside... remove the dash & steering colmremove all the wiring behind dash be shore to keep trip comp ,indicator stalk wiper stalk,body controll module hasard,security,rear wind de-mist buttons(rear wind de-mist is different on lowwer models) :bang: also headlight toggle ( also different on lower models) there is also another loom that goes through to the boot for tail lights u can use your origional loom but if u wan remote boot realease you need th change this too.... finnaly dont forget to get the remote key you need this for the body control module it seems like a masive job but honestly ist not..

V

v8maniac

Those diagrams helped heaps
Still got a few questions though as the wreckers just cut the plugs off for me with about 6" of wire on each The only thing is I think the plugs come out of 2 different cars
Any help sorting my mess out would be greatly appreciated
The switch block plug is the only one I can't sort out, in it I have a Yellow/Black wire I'm assuming this hooks to the other wire of the same colour in connecter 4
I have 2 Black wires I'm assuming they hook into the Black/White wires on Connecter 4
And I have a Brown/White wire I'm Assuming this would hook into the grey wire on Connector 4 for the switch lights
Before you say anything I also have the tan, Lt Blue, Green and White wires and I know where they hook into on connector 4
If anyone has a diagram of where the switchblock wires go that would be great

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
i have one issue with this. iv located all the necasery parts now, the only thing is that my L3 dash has been wired up for an 80L tank. im asuming this would make my trip cpu wrong. any idea how i can get this changed??

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
That is extremely easy :)

If you look carefully at the instrument cluster you will see that on the bottom there is a little switch that toggles between 60 and 80 litre tank. Flick it to 60 and you'll be all set :)

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
call me an idiot but i cant see it! lol. um i can see the thing that says <-80L---60L -> but its only a picture. i cant see a switch. if your not sure what i meen il post sum pics 2moro.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Better post some pics. The cluster I bought had a switch but yours might be hard wired for some reason. Even if it is, it won't be hard to change.