Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tripin'...

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
if you want plug n play Shane 88greenvn is the man his loom is plug n play with only the ecu wire might need wiring in. Don't have to remove much either can be done with only facia removed

commodorepower

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 5speed
hi all, after looking all through the thread, I have started to change my VR 94 V8 to a level 3 cluster... so I have bought the cluster suited to a V8, lev 3 wiring behind the cluster, trip computer, Calais headlight switch.. now, the fun has begun.. I have installed the wiring to suit the lev 3 cluster, fitted up the headlight switch, and no dash lights at all, no fuel guage, no temp guage, just tacho... on further investigation, the lev 2 wiring has 1 extra grey wire which is grey in the harness... I am at absolute wits end with this conversion... what am I doing wrong, globes are good, everything is connected tight, I dunno what else to do... could I ask the forum to please supply me instructions or a step by step guide so I can get this bloody thing to work? thanks guys.. appreciated...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
hi all, after looking all through the thread, I have started to change my VR 94 V8 to a level 3 cluster... so I have bought the cluster suited to a V8, lev 3 wiring behind the cluster, trip computer, Calais headlight switch.. now, the fun has begun.. I have installed the wiring to suit the lev 3 cluster, fitted up the headlight switch, and no dash lights at all, no fuel guage, no temp guage, just tacho... on further investigation, the lev 2 wiring has 1 extra grey wire which is grey in the harness... I am at absolute wits end with this conversion... what am I doing wrong, globes are good, everything is connected tight, I dunno what else to do... could I ask the forum to please supply me instructions or a step by step guide so I can get this bloody thing to work? thanks guys.. appreciated...

The level 3 loom will never work correctly - lights = fail. You will find all the info in this thread. Colour wire diagram - the lot.

Vscommo27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
I'm changing standard dash cluster to Calais dash cluster, I need a diagram to show how to wire in a l3 loom into l2 loom so I can still have a/c working etc...

Vscommo27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Do you have a diagram on what wires on the looms you need to swap over from L3 loom into the standard L2 loom?

Vscommo27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Do you have this wiring diagram I could look at to wore in mine??

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Do you have this wiring diagram I could look at to wore in mine??

The wire diagram is in this thread. If your going to do this just take a while to read the first few pages, you find all you need + the issues people have along the way. PM me if you get stuck.

trucker273

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
I picked up level 3 dash, loom and trip computer off ebay only cost me $110.00 plus postage

Highheadspeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS Series III Ute
Hi guys, did a level 3 in a vs v6 auto ute only thing not workin is inst fuel usage. Now I've double checked my wiring and confirmed my level 3 is getting a speed signal (diag mode) my question to you is does it matter what pcm is used ?

Service number is 16210672 with a memcal bstk

Looking inside the pcm, pin f7 doesn't seem to be populated. Although I haven't pulled the connector from the pcm to totally confirm this. I did try another pcm but has same service and memcal number. I'm thinking I might need a Calais or Statesman v6 pcm.

I assume to test for an output this would be a pwm signal requiring an oscilloscope ?

Sorry for the noob question but any help would be greatly appreciated.