Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tripin'...

RGVMelb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S ute
Thanks for that. Someone suggested I can ground a grey wire for the lights to work, but I can't remember which ones. Bloody A/C I was hoping to just run some wires (how ever long and messy) to use the old switch.

If I change the BCM instead of pulling the whole dash out again, can my current key head be redone to suit? I have the key head to suit the high level BCM I have, but my key head now works perfectly to unlock/lock doors atm. Is it a Tech 2 or something you need to do it? I might be able to get access to one.

Thanks.

w1r3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Hey guys,
Does anyone have a VS manual that illustrates what the wires are on the 3 connectors at the back of the dash cluster and the one that connects to the bottom of the dash cluster? I am sure its a L3
As I am doing a whole swap for Autometer gauges as I am sick of tapping the fuel gauge and don't trust the speedo or tacho anymore

vr-l67

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
I have been reading all of this thread i got a car that has a statesman dash put in and is a vr berlins and none of the headlights taillights or parkers work ive looked at the switch on my vs and the wires and the vs has 2 extra wires but is only an executive any help would be appreciated

Brockpaxton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Spac
I have a Vr spac 3.8l and i want to put a statesman dash in it (cluster and all), i have heard that you need to get the dash out of the same model statesman for example i would need a vr 3.8l buick statesman dash which i have line up! My question is if i have a statesman dash+cluster+trip controller+statesman loom is it just plug and play? or is there a bit more work involved? and what does the loom plug into? the engine ecu? or the body control? where is the body control (computer)? not sure what its even called haha? does it matter that my car is manual? and can i use the base model heating/cooling or will i need to go through changing heater core and so forth? my car has a stage 2 cluster if this helps at all! if someone could tell me the answers to all there questions i would be so happy!! or even lead me onto the right thread or page on this thread?

IB0057

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SS.. Vp Hsv wagon.. Vu r8 maloo..
Hi all I am in need need of help and am willing to pay $200. I have level 3 cluster out of a Vn v8 clubby to go into my Vn v8 SS. I'm hoping Markovr can help me out?? I can't work out how to personal msg someone. Or chasing someone in Brisbane Gold Coast Toowoomba area. I will drive to you. Can anyone help install this cluster? Or at the least supply a patch loom. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
Ok this looks like the right place to ask this question. When fitting a Level 3 patch loom to the VS commy I have to take the No1 connector behind the cluster apart to be able to pull the Level 1 dash loom out.
I have remove the outer orange clip retainer, then pulled the little yellow spade looking clip out of the plug. Now I am supposed to use the jewellers spade screwdriver to get the individual wire terminals out. Can't work out what or where I am supposed to push on to release them ? Don't want to wreck the contact areas. Anyone got a pic or how to for pulling the plug apart ?

Cheers

Deek

Attachments

• 20170117_140532.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 316
  • 20170118_175956.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 303
  • 20170118_180041.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 286
  • 20170118_180055.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 280

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
What I did was carefully cut the orange clip through 1 corner, then carefully bent that corner out and over the main plug removing the clip...the plug then was easy to push through and pulled down through the bottom of the dash (you will have to remove some of the heater/aircon piping)..then taped the plug to the main harness to help with pulling through the rear of the dash...assembly was the reverse

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
What I did was carefully cut the orange clip through 1 corner, then carefully bent that corner out and over the main plug removing the clip...the plug then was easy to push through and pulled down through the bottom of the dash (you will have to remove some of the heater/aircon piping)..then taped the plug to the main harness to help with pulling through the rear of the dash...assembly was the reverse
Thanks Wozza,
might give that a try if it seem easier. Taking dash pad off is another option that has been suggested as well.

Cheers

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has anyone done a "How-To" for removing the VR-VS Dash Pad ?
I am that close now I thought I would give it a go if it is only 16 odd bolts/nuts & screws.
Seeing some how to pics of fastener locations etc would be handy.

Cheers

Deek