Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tripin'...

chaos 8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 420hp 355 5spd
im just about to do this conversion too! im not running A/C at all as i have gilmer drive, so climate control is no issue! i have just converted my exect. dash to stato, i have both dash harness's witch one do i use? and what is ment by grafting?

sl33per

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
95 VS Executive
bump..can anyone answer these questions above?
itd b greatly appreciated!! :)
do we need climate control to be installed if we get a level 3 dash installed?
or are there connections on the loom to plug into the standard air controls?
cheers

sl33per

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
bump..can anyone answer these questions above?
itd b greatly appreciated!! :)
do we need climate control to be installed if we get a level 3 dash installed?
or are there connections on the loom to plug into the standard air controls?
cheers

sl33per

The best way without fitting climate is to graft in the 4th plug and trip switch wires to a L2 loom.

If you plug a L3 loom in the standard A/C wont work - no plug. Some one had taken out the a/c wires from a L3 loom and added them to the L3 loom but the rear demister has issues as with the interior light delay.

sl33per

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
95 VS Executive
Ahh thanks greenvn
that was quite a quick reply!
sorry, hadnt been back on till now
but i will remember that about the aircon
is it in this thread, telling you where to graft the 4th plug in and trip comp?
each time i read this how to i get lost in one place or another
ill check over it now..

sl33per

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
im just about to do this conversion too! im not running A/C at all as i have gilmer drive, so climate control is no issue! i have just converted my exect. dash to stato, i have both dash harness's witch one do i use? and what is ment by grafting?

Use the L2 loom as this has the A/C wires and rear demister, take the 4th plag and trip control switch out of the L3 loom and "graft" solder the wires back into the same colour wires of the L2 loom. Just follow the wire diagrams in this thread to make sure you have the correct wires in the right spot. If you untape the L3 loom completely you should be able to work out what wires go where.
You also have to run the yellow wire across to the ECU - taken from the donor L3 loom.

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
live in ballina, thats near byron bay, everyone kn
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
ok i put my level 3 cluster in the other day without changing the wiring, and everything worked except the lcds, obviously. But now i have modified the wires for the level 3 cluster, and the lcds now work, but the fuel gauge doesnt, along with all the other fuel indicators such as DTE, fuel used, and instantaneous fuel usage. DTE is also sitting on 660km, not sure why. the chime also plays every 2 minutes or so, not sure why.

anyone know what the problem is?

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
ok i put my level 3 cluster in the other day without changing the wiring, and everything worked except the lcds, obviously. But now i have modified the wires for the level 3 cluster, and the lcds now work, but the fuel gauge doesnt, along with all the other fuel indicators such as DTE, fuel used, and instantaneous fuel usage. DTE is also sitting on 660km, not sure why. the chime also plays every 2 minutes or so, not sure why.

anyone know what the problem is?

Did you install the single wire that runs from the ECU to the dash loom?

pete473

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim
yea i am do this myself, but i just run into a bit of ****, because i just put the stato dash in and plugged it in, i am thinking i must pull it back out and rewire, due to speedo and lights not working, any one els run into this problem

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea i am do this myself, but i just run into a bit of ****, because i just put the stato dash in and plugged it in, i am thinking i must pull it back out and rewire, due to speedo and lights not working, any one els run into this problem

Check your light switch

Also check that you have the brown white wires in connector 1 around the right way. there is 2 of them (assuming you pulled connector 1 appart to slip the loom into the dash)

pete473

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim
yea cool mate thinks for that will have a look at that when i get the car back, ar yea i rewire the loom to suit normal a/c, but when i wired it up i keped the old wiring loom the same, so that i may swop between clasters, in other words i just added to the loom so suit level 3, level 2 cluster works fine

yes i know what you are thinking the level 3 cluster is shot, no because before i rewired the loom the speedo worked well the rev gauges was reading

mate i am going to pick sameones brain hear on the plug that connects up to the three screens (kms) i have a yellow and black wire what does this do