Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

verey51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon
Yesterday I was driving my VR commodore and it was running fine.
today I try to start it and nothing happened. The engine wouldn't even turn over, there was just a single 'click 'and that was it. It has a brand new batter as well. Any advice would be great. Cheers

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
Generally speaking If your hearing a click then its prob not the immobilizer....if the dash warning lights go out at the same time you hear the click then battery terminals or battery flat/stuffeed..if the dash warning lights dont dull or go out starter motor faulty and or bad connection to starter motor...or motors seized

verey51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon
The lights stay on when it clicks. Hoping its the starter moftor as it always needed throttle when it was starting.would that be an indicater that the starter motors stuffed?
cheers

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
The lights stay on when it clicks. Hoping its the starter moftor as it always needed throttle when it was starting.would that be an indicater that the starter motors stuffed?
cheers
No the needing throttle prob just the IAC or some other fuel related issue....first confirm if the click your hearing is the starter motor solenoid engaging, by having someone listen down near the passenger front wheel as you try to start the car. if the click is coming from the starter motor and not a relay somewhere,then check the battery sized leads are clean and not loose at the starter motor......