Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tryes

C

cdsam

HI People I have to buy two new tyres as I keep lighting up the one's on the back :yeah: The S type mags I bought had two new SAVA INTENSA'S fitted so I put them on the front. The rears are German Goodyear NCT's, The SAVA tryes are Aussie made, are they any good? or should I go for broke and put some super fancy tyres on, your thoughts & ideas will be much apprecaited.

Cheers & Beers

cdsam (Ray H)

S

sikvs

always buy the best tyres u can afford is my advice as it will make a big difference to the handling of your car, unless all you wanna do is light em up in which case buy cheap and nasty.

statesman_vs_s1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman Series 1 V6
Tyres are one of very few things these days where the saying still remains.
You get what you pay for!

Most things can be bought cheap and equal the quality of something much more expensive, however tyres have always been the same.

You get what you pay for. As SIKVS said, buy the best you can and you'll have some good handling, if all you want to do is go and do skids, dont bother wasting your money. Go to a car yard and buy second hand tyres and have them fitted for 10 bucks each.

O

ozute

statesman_vs_s1 said:
You get what you pay for. As SIKVS said, buy the best you can and you'll have some good handling, if all you want to do is go and do skids, dont bother wasting your money. Go to a car yard and buy second hand tyres and have them fitted for 10 bucks each.
And then post pics for us :bop: :yeah:

S

stretch2002

The sava (intensa) is NOT a good tyre.

They are made to LOOK like a performance tyre - I had some but got scared that my wife was going to end up in the scenery, and bought some decent tyres even though the savas were only 50% worn. They do not grip.