Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trying to remove a scratch on my car very very slight.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Seems like there is very few people that do this. Sydney and Perth seem covered as well as Gold Coast but it seems as if no other state has a place that does it. Either that or Google has no hits, except What Scratch.
I have two scratches and a 5c peice size spot that needs doing but I'd have to give it a go myself, even though I'd rather pay. Because I'm not driving to Sydney to get it done.
I thought Touch Up Guys would do it but apparently they don't.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Seems like there is very few people that do this. Sydney and Perth seem covered as well as Gold Coast but it seems as if no other state has a place that does it. Either that or Google has no hits, except What Scratch.
I have two scratches and a 5c peice size spot that needs doing but I'd have to give it a go myself, even though I'd rather pay. Because I'm not driving to Sydney to get it done.
I thought Touch Up Guys would do it but apparently they don't.
There is quite a few videos on YouTube about fixing scratches, some good , some not so good .

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've seen vids a while ago, like a year or more now. I don't feel all that confident in my ability to get it good, which is why I'd rather pay a professional. No one in Tasmania does it, and I can't find anyone in Adelaide who does it either, which would be my second choice.
It's really common in the States I've noticed.
I don't even know anywhere that sells the gear to do it yourself. It's not something I could buy from my paint supplies.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Many years ago maybe 25-30 plus, I looked at buying a franchise business. It was a mobile business which involved repairing minor scratches and dings on cars, also vinyl and leather repairs. I remember thinking as they showed before and after repairs, wow that’s amazing!
It was quite an expensive outlay for the business and as a result I didn’t take the risk.
In hindsight.......

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I've seen vids a while ago, like a year or more now. I don't feel all that confident in my ability to get it good, which is why I'd rather pay a professional. No one in Tasmania does it, and I can't find anyone in Adelaide who does it either, which would be my second choice.
It's really common in the States I've noticed.
I don't even know anywhere that sells the gear to do it yourself. It's not something I could buy from my paint supplies.
No detailers in Tassie or SA?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Newcastle has heaps. I just did a search. Spoilt for choice. You guys are looking at the wrong thing.

It is the world of the detailer.

Newcastle is a big place, are you North, South or West?

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Newcastle has heaps. I just did a search. Spoilt for choice. You guys are looking at the wrong thing.

It is the world of the detailer.

Newcastle is a big place, are you North, South or West?
wow dont you sleep or is that worm tasty at 3.23 am in WA there. :)