Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tunerpro RT

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Thank you all for your help, The message that I would like to show you (that Tuner Pro won't let me copy and paste ), so I took a photo so I could post here to see using the red UPLOAD A FILE at the bottom of the page, what happens is it says ERROR OCCURRED THE UPLOADED FILE IS TO LARGE FOR THE SERVER TO PROCESS, it is only one photo what am I doing wrong? Ronno

No, I meant what is the error that Tuner Pro is spitting out?

The upload problem is your picture is too big. You need to save it to another format (jpeg instead of PNG or bitmap) or resize it in Paint.

Ronno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Wagon
DSCN0649.JPG

Ronno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Wagon
I hope the photo came out ok. This message is to complex for me and appears a bit over the top in my opinion? I am surprised it does not also say hop in a circle while doing this. From past experience with similar computer problems at the end of it, it still does not work.
Anyhow I have a new idea and that is getting a OBD2 handheld unit that has a screen and only needs plugging in (or is that wishful thinking), I see that some are around $50 but are they any good? Cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
This message is to complex for me and appears a bit over the top in my opinion?

I think it's written in Engrish, the instructions don't actually make sense. Is that what you get when you try to run the setup file to install the drivers?

Are you just trying to read codes? If you're trying to just read codes a handheld unit would probably be they way to go, but you can also get them using the paperclip method where you bridge two pins on the OBD connector and watch the engine light read it out to you.

Who are these Commodore Hackers you speak of by the way?

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Pretty much what it says to do in the video, don't install until you save the other stuff first then install, if you downloaded it then having problems I would suggest to get it on cd and install it that way.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I don't think those cheap 50 buck obd2 work on vx, I think its from 04 upwards, u will need a tech tool.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You need to be logged into what ever pc/laptop you are using as an administrator or it will stop you from installing and deleting certain things.

OK, can we pause for a minute and forget about the upload problems with pictures and establish exactly what you have and haven't done so we can work out the next step.

Installed Tunerpro (yes/no)?
Can open/run Tunerpro (Yes/no)?
Installed the serial port (yes/no)?
Downloaded the correct f (.bin, .xdf and .axd) files to suit your model car?
Set up and test the communications port in tunerpro?

I hope the photo came out ok. This message is to complex for me and appears a bit over the top in my opinion? I am surprised it does not also say hop in a circle while doing this. From past experience with similar computer problems at the end of it, it still does not work.
Anyhow I have a new idea and that is getting a OBD2 handheld unit that has a screen and only needs plugging in (or is that wishful thinking), I see that some are around $50 but are they any good? Cheers

Most of those OBD2 plugin readers don't work on the V6 models because although it is an OBD2 plug the communications protocol isn't OBD2, rather it's OBD1.5 For Holden models VT-VY only the models with the LS V8 motors use OBD2 and all the V6 stuff still uses the older communications protocols.

Ronno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Wagon
Hello Immortality and interested members,

1. I put the disk in it shows; FILES READY TO BE WRITTEN TO THE DISK (2) (note I had someone use this on this laptop about 18 months
ago so I don't know if it has to installed again?).

2. CLICK OPEN; USB ALDL CABLE SOFTWARE;
FILES CURRENTLY ON THE DISC (8) (Let me know if you need their names, I will skip them as I go to the next file as the instructions that came with the disk say "GO TO VCP DRIVERS FOLDER ON DISC AND EXECUTE USB DRIVER ( DO NOT PLUG IN CABLE UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE THIS)".

3. FILES READY TO BE WRITTEN TO DISC (1). OPEN VCP DRIVERS (NO WORDING EXECUTE OR FOLDER) FILES CURRENTLY ON THE DISC
(2) 1. LATEST DRIVER 32 and 64 BIT (THIS GOES TO CH341SER, NO EXECUTE OR FURTHER HELP).
2. OLD DRIVER 32 BIT (OPEN USB DRIVER AND ALLOW COMPUTER TO MAKE CHANGES, CLICK YES WILL NOT ALLOW).

Further attempts brought up the picture that I posted previously. Also when I left this page a small window came up; SETUP V1.5 SELECT INF FILE. I click INSTALL and it comes up WARNING INSTALL FAILURE!

Hope this gives some idea what I am doing wrong. Ronno.