Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] Turbo on a S1 VF SSV

Tdonkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline
Hey, just wondering if anyone has put a turbo on a Vf SSV Redline S1 and what else I would need to get so it doesn’t break

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
that is a between 10k to 100k answer depending on the ''dosnt brake'' factor

what power are u wanting to achieve realistically ?
stock engine or building to suit said power ?
is driveline included in the project ?
what fuel are u going to use petrol or ethanol or both ?
what will be its use street, track or quarter or a bit of all ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Probably want a Wavetrac depending on how much boost you're running. There is a bloke in Launceston running a 1000hp VE he kept blowing diffs and has now fitted a Wavetrac.

Tdonkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline
that is a between 10k to 100k answer depending on the ''dosnt brake'' factor

what power are u wanting to achieve realistically ?
stock engine or building to suit said power ?
is driveline included in the project ?
what fuel are u going to use petrol or ethanol or both ?
what will be its use street, track or quarter or a bit of all ?
Well so far I have put in a cam, otr and exhaust package. Just want a little more power, not trying to break diffs or drivelines or anything. Using petrol, street car. What would you need to upgrade engine, transmission and diff wise just to add a small turbo or supercharger

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The stock diff barely handles a V8 with a mild cam. If running an SC or turbo you will need a Trutrac as a minimum and not one of those Chinese ones that are in plentiful supply. Personally I'd throw in a Kaaz as they are a true LSD. But a Harrop will be good too and are more widely fitted it would seem than a Kaaz.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A few years ago there was a mob in Melbourne fitting twin turbo to ealier LS engines. They went down low so we're a bit more hidden than some others. If they can be had for a VF that would certainly liven it up.
I'm assuming you have an auto?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u can go 10-12psi on stock engine and keep it alive, the cam u got is prob for n/a so will go ok with boost and usually better as they lower dynamic comp and bleed off a little PD boost up top, turbo will make power as they just account for the delta in pressure,

auto or manual ? auto will need a tune by someone that knows how to and understands whats needed to keep it alive with the added torque, or manual a clutch will be needed but the trans will be ok,
if u dont plan to do clutch dumps or kickbacks then the diff may last ok but thats just a unknown as to its failure but as mentioned a good diff be best in the long run, also choose diff ratio carefully as n/a, PD, turbo can like different ratios, usually more torque u will get better traction from a lower diff but it all depends

then a fuel system to suit u may get away with a pump upgrade but that depends on boost levels and if ur FPCM they need a curtain pump to work properly with them, injectors should be in any kit and a tune is always needed to suit

Tdonkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline
A few years ago there was a mob in Melbourne fitting twin turbo to ealier LS engines. They went down low so we're a bit more hidden than some others. If they can be had for a VF that would certainly liven it up.
I'm assuming you have an auto?
Nah 6 speed manual

Tdonkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline
The stock diff barely handles a V8 with a mild cam. If running an SC or turbo you will need a Trutrac as a minimum and not one of those Chinese ones that are in plentiful supply. Personally I'd throw in a Kaaz as they are a true LSD. But a Harrop will be good too and are more widely fitted it would seem than a Kaaz.
Okay thanks heaps

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Nah 6 speed manual
stock clutch will not handle boost for long, ive gone the Mantic 9000 series in mine they are better then stock feel but handle the power, mine is the twin but when this goes ill prob get the triple next