Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin 2.5 inch or twin 3 inch ( future cams)

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Your right, everyone has there own opinion on pretty much everything, but end the day most of it has got to do with trying to find the best part for your car at the best price, your right Turtle some times that doesn't work, because most people learn the hard way, the go for what they can afford and then most spu, they didn't hang out a little longer and save a little more to get a better system cause they end up changing again down the track anyway, I have Pacemaker all the way through and fitted a lot of them and they work and sound good, and gear price'

I've never actually heard a pacey exhaust. Would be interested :) yea I know people who buy xforce to save money then go buy VCM or KPM down the track. Honestly I wouldn't go a 2.5" they don't sound angry enough. Some people say you loose low end power but the difference would be that minuscule you wouldn't notice it. I had a 2.5" exhaust on my Honda back in the day and it never lost power what so ever so go figure :/ and it was a 2.2 4 banger:D bottom line is this if you want a tough sounding 6 litre and are not anal about the car being really quiet get a 3" with 4-1 headers and 200 cpi cats. 100cpi are over kill and do nothing for power at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

ultra8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS HSV
Agree, I have a 1 7/8 pipes 4 into 1 euro 2 cats and a full 2 1/5 stainless, don't get me wrong, sound great and goes hard, but your right, every other 6.0 that i have done, I have fitted 3 inch and it sounds like a NASCAR, I won't fit 2 1/5 unless my client requests it, even then I'll try and talk him out of it, but Definetly rapped with Pacemaker, good fit too

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
I have the pacy stainless 2.5" cat back system on mine and I believe it sounds great, it is heaps loud enough without being over the top. But then I have my car as a family car not a show/ race car so each to there own.

I'm soon going pacy headers and 200 cel cats, then prob cam.

If you are going a cam generally you will get more power on a 3" over a 2.5" but they are really loud with a cam, and for the small difference I'd rather have the 2.5"

No need drawing unneeded attention for a small gain (or cost if defected)

Brad

ultra8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS HSV
Agreed Brad, like I said mine happy with, but becuase I use it everyday and it's not the family car, I should have gone for 3 inch, still love it but'

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
Well I say VCM and walkinshaw/HM are all that I would use. Also do you relise your engine might be running dangerously lean hence the big power output? SOME tuners are known to lean engines right out to get the but figures. Not saying it is I'm just throwing it out there. I only do horsepower mines punching 360HP at the wheels with a full VCM system and otr and it's a manual.

yeah, of course, each to their own at the end of the day :) as for the leaning, i trust him, as do all his other customers, canberra is a small place with a lot of performance workshops and he is always flat out, so always a good sign lol :)

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Nice effort at trying to contribute. All you needed to do was politely inform the OP that it's a single cam, not several. Next time don't be an arse, not everyone knows everything there is to know about cars. Muppet.

Dam straight. A lot of people (including me) go to the JC forum for advice and tips on how to modify their pride and joys the right way and the last thing they need is peanuts trying to be smart arses

Cams cam who cares we know what they mean. Well said dude!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Sorry guys.....didnt know you were all such Princesses.
I was having a friendly dig.
Get over yourselves......

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Sorry guys.....didnt know you were all such Princesses.
I was having a friendly dig.
Get over yourselves......

It's pathetic little comments like yours towards new members which gives the forum a negative vibe and that person may see us as a bunch of elitist tools and may never come back. So how's about you get over yourself and contribute rather than bring the forum down.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I had the Pacey full 2.5" system on my car for a few days and it sounded shithouse compared to my KPM. It also looked terrible... The large round mufflers sat lower than KPM/stock/etc so you could see them hanging down looking ugly as hell.

I wouldn't recommend KPM 2.5" either if you're getting a cam unless you're getting a KPM cam fitted by them. The 3" MIGHT be ok but definitely not the 2.5".

My mate has a VCM 3" cat-back on his stock SS and it's very quiet and obviously sounds like **** when AFM kicks in.

maxmod

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V Wagon
I had an xforce varex system with there 13/4 headers and cats. I was happy with the volume although a few db quieter would have been nice and note however I just recently cammed the car and straight away I had to change the exhaust it was way way too loud. I have now gone for a 1 7/8 paccies with ballistic cats and a 2.5" kpm cat back it sounds awesome and made 315rwkws in an auto. Cruising its much quieter than the varex however on full noise its touch and go but the kpm sounds a lot more aggressive. Your best bet is to ask people to listen to there cars chances are most people would be willing to show off anyway.