Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo Advice

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Hey guys

I am going to be going twin turbo on my Vr V6 in the next few weeks (once I get my daily sorted).

I've bought a kit from a guy with a Vp ute who built it as a project but it never got fully completed, it had a base tune and ran but no exhausts after the turbos.

The kit consists of:

Two T3/T4 T04E turbos (Garrett copies)
Turbo manifolds
Sump with oil returns for turbos + oil lines
3" Dump pipes
Intercooler and piping
Haltech E6GM EMS + 3bar map sensor
Bosch 044 fuel pump and surge tank
Longer Spark leads
Lengthened engine loom

There are a few more little pieces, but its basically everything required for the turbo set up.

Now my questions

My car was a Vr V6 Auto, which I converted to a manual, but still running the auto comp/MEMCAL and loom. The loom I've got is for a Vp manual, Will they swap over?

I've also got a stage three crow cam in the engine (thats what the previous owner told me but I'm not 100% on it), can I run that N/A cam with turbos? I'm thinking its going to be a problem.

Pics will be up tomorrow, sorry for the drawn out post just giving lots of detail.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
hey mate, pics are looking good, im not too familar with the loom setup, but check out the V6 mod & dev section, iblown has just finished off his twin turbo setup. he should be able to help you out with some details

Good luck with it all, and keep us posted