Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo VS Ecotec Build **engine build in progress page 16**

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
No i havent just added this pic because i forgot to add it waaaay earlier lol.

I decided to pull it all down and get a full balance.

Crank, rods & pistons are balanced. Small ends and big ends of the rods are balanced, pistons are balanced, crank is balanced as a full rotating assembly with flex plate and harmonic balancer.

They didnt touch the balancer or the flex plate so if something happens down the track i can just replace them without balancing again. Weight was added to the crank to compensate and removed in certain areas.

Crank was crack tested, micropolished and all the oil holes are now chamfered bigger.

We just had a similar amount of work done , just quietly ........ how many bills? PM me if you'd like.

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
We didn't get the crack test done there, but we had a bit of a shave on the billet flywheel we use. Ours was a bit cheaper.

It's good insurance , and good sense....you'd be making gobs more grunt than us, we're just revving the ring out of it for a couple o miles

10 bucks says I break ours first.:rockon:

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
We didn't get the crack test done there, but we had a bit of a shave on the billet flywheel we use. Ours was a bit cheaper.

It's good insurance , and good sense....you'd be making gobs more grunt than us, we're just revving the ring out of it for a couple o miles

10 bucks says I break ours first.:rockon:

Haha better you than me lol. Theres a bit of cash in my motor.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Glad to hear you got it done Iblown as i said earlier in thread well worth paying someone else to do it and it doesnt cost much. Rather than doing some half arsed home job as some people suggested.

Last edited: