Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo VS Ecotec Build **engine build in progress page 16**

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Machined up a fitting so we can check the fuel pressure. We suspect maybe the fuel pressure is to blame.

Fitting goes from the fuel return line on the firewall, clips onto stock fuel line connector and connects to a Schrader valve for a fuel pressure sensor.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Dick was telling me about this fitting! Didnt know you were doing the fab work for it, looks awesome!

He showed me a log of when i had my boost controller turned up to ~18psi, the afr pointed to the fuel delivery, like my intank walbro 255lph was starting to run out of puff.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
No way I would run a boosted setup off a single walbro. Walbro to feed a surge then a single 044 at a minimum, no such thing as too much fuel system.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Machined up a fitting so we can check the fuel pressure. We suspect maybe the fuel pressure is to blame.

Fitting goes from the fuel return line on the firewall, clips onto stock fuel line connector and connects to a Schrader valve for a fuel pressure sensor.

That's a good idea, mind if I replicate it?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
my fuel pressure tester cost under $30 just a brass tee with hosebarbs screwed in and a gauge LOL

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, that's OK if you want to cut a hose and fit the gauge but those late model cars and those push on fittings I don't like doing that. Plus the ecotec fuel lines have the plastic lining and are a PITA.

And I can make something like that at work real easy.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, that's OK if you want to cut a hose and fit the gauge but those late model cars and those push on fittings I don't like doing that. Plus the ecotec fuel lines have the plastic lining and are a PITA.

And I can make something like that at work real easy.

Exactly. I wanted to make him something he could just plug in and away he goes. Also made him a tool to get the push on fitting off.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I turned the boost down a little and took it for a test drive on saturday night. Ran 12psi.

TBH, I don't think I really want to run more than 15psi max. It really is downright scary!

The power is amazing. Im actually getting scared to drive it. Its just too much.

Starting to break traction in 3rd at 80kmh. Its just getting too dangerous.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dick was telling me about this fitting! Didnt know you were doing the fab work for it, looks awesome!

He showed me a log of when i had my boost controller turned up to ~18psi, the afr pointed to the fuel delivery, like my intank walbro 255lph was starting to run out of puff.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Same pump as im using. I think that might be whats happening at 18psi. After driving it a few times, I don't want to run 18psi. Its just too much. I don't want to die lol. Ive got my Hayabusa anyway lol.