Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Series II vs Redline Series I

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I’d hazard to guess that the dealer would officially ‘deliver’ (and register) the new car as received from the factory. Then send it off for the Walkinshaw for the enhancements?

The official enhanced cars are the HSVs which do have ADR compliance certified by Holden/GM.

In my world of yellow goods and trucks, delivery doesn't occur until the purchaser is in possession of the thing.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
In my world of yellow goods and trucks, delivery doesn't occur until the purchaser is in possession of the thing.
“Delivery” occurring before all options are fitted is a pretty common thing in the new car leasing game, for tax reasons. If you’re looking at paying luxury car tax due to options, but the car’s under the LCT limit without options, it’s normal to get it delivered and then “take it back” to get the options fitted; and not pay LCT.
Now I think about it, leasing’s kinda irrelevant when it comes to LCT … :)
This sounds like a similar deal.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
This explains why walkinshaw never responded to my questions if their tunes/mods etc were compliant with emissions etc :)

Last edited:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
So Holden were delivering "unroadworthy" cars from new ?
No, W kits aren't a Holden accessory. Some dealers were fitting W kits to new cars and misleading buyers to believe they're Holden approved and ADR compliant. I remember a couple of dealers in SA would only accept modified vehicle warranty claims on cars with a W kit.

The official enhanced cars are the HSVs which do have ADR compliance certified by Holden/GM.
The difference with HSV components passing an SA rego inspection, is the HSV parts are listed in the Holden parts catalogue and therefore deemed ADR compliant. LSA engines in an SS pass an SA rego inspection no problems, but an aftermarket supercharger is generally a major drama.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
This explains why walkinshaw never responded to my questions if their tunes/?ods etc were compliant with emissions etc :)
High flow cats or even small 400 cell cats won't pass MY17 Euro 5 compliance and with altered tunes, not even close!

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
High flow cats or even small 400 cell cats won't pass MY17 Euro 5 compliance and with altered tunes, not even close!

All I wish is that they clamp down on the number of idiots in their moronic Forby's that have done DPF deletes and just go around rolling coal everywhere........