Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre replacement preferences?

notmy SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
LC150 Prado M16 SSV
I used to design roads and without getting too deeply into it, the camber built into a bend is to help cornering and the camber on the straight is to help disperse water.

The amount of camber used is usually predetermined by calculations based on speed limits and road widths.

Of course it’s not always that simple but that is the basic principle most designers start with.

I hate drive your roads, seeing as you way left of correct there.

Camber more commonly referred to as cross-fall is generally fixed at 3% and is purely for run off of water.

Super elevation is what you are thinking of on higher speed limit roads where the outside lane is lifted gradually to match the cross fall of the inside lane through the bend. This is purely for passenger comfort at higher speeds. It's a trick derived from rail lines although they leave out the spiral curve for roads as your not trying to coax 1000T train to change direction.

You can download the main roads spec sheet and read all about it, including the k factor site distances and other boring **** that means the difference between life and death.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Can get Continental ContiSport Contact™ 6 Tyres for $318 each at the moment. Anybody used them?

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I use nitto invo. Got 35k on my VF redline. Third set of rears second fronts. Good grip wet or dry, 300 rear 250 front. 285 and 245. 20 inch.