Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres?

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
They are for each tyre.

OZChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS Sportswagon
Some 'cheap' takeoff on eBay at the mo, both RE050As and the new Yokohama S-221s - both in 245/45-18.

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
OK, OK, maybe finding that extra .0000 on a lap time the tyre choice will make a difference, but for everyday driving... I dunno.

I've bin driving for a long time and I have always had good quality tyres on my cars. Apart from noise, or roughness (maybe high tyre pressures) I really haven't noticed any difference except in the wet... that's when you want to have a good quality tyre.

I usually tell the tyre guys that I want a good quality tyre that will not have any balancing issues and will be good in the wet.

My VE is new, but on my other cars I think I have Yokohama A Drives - they seem OK to me, but then again I am 60 years old......

I'm thinking of getting a new terry towelling hat so that I can really piss you blokes off by hugging the fast lane 10kms/h below the speed limit.

Only joking boys......

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Always look for a quality tyre, you do not have to pay a fortune for a set.

Those 4 little patches of rubber are the only thing keeping your ride and yourself on the black stuff.

It pays to have a quality set mate.

Cheers.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
I'm not sure what these are like but found them while looking for potenzas.

Goodyear 245/45R18 (100V) Eagle LS2 tyres

Announcements

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
Khumo Ecsta 245/45/18 about $240 each from Tempe Tyres
Got them on mine.... seem ok so far!! i actually find them quieter on the road than the potenza's

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
OK, OK, maybe finding that extra .0000 on a lap time the tyre choice will make a difference, but for everyday driving... I dunno.

I've bin driving for a long time and I have always had good quality tyres on my cars. Apart from noise, or roughness (maybe high tyre pressures) I really haven't noticed any difference except in the wet... that's when you want to have a good quality tyre.

I usually tell the tyre guys that I want a good quality tyre that will not have any balancing issues and will be good in the wet.

My VE is new, but on my other cars I think I have Yokohama A Drives - they seem OK to me, but then again I am 60 years old......

I'm thinking of getting a new terry towelling hat so that I can really piss you blokes off by hugging the fast lane 10kms/h below the speed limit.

Only joking boys......

I have a Yokohama A-Drive on my motorbike (yes a car tyre on a bike!) great tyre on the bike! they are supposed to be great on a car too :yeah::yeah: I guess that's because they are designed for cars! :thumbsup:

udp04.sized.jpg

havoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 SS Ute
I have Federal 245/40R19 SS595 on my ute. Haven't noticed any difference in the dry or wet but they are quite a bit quiter than Potenzas. Cost $254 at Jax.

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
I have a Yokohama A-Drive on my motorbike (yes a car tyre on a bike!) great tyre on the bike! they are supposed to be great on a car too :yeah::yeah: I guess that's because they are designed for cars! :thumbsup:

udp04.sized.jpg

Mate ya right that is a car tyre this is a bike tyre :D
Picsalltobesorted288.jpg

evoke the squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
I have just fitted a set of assymetrical Nankang AS1 245/45 R18 (at $219 each) for my Lumina and to expect a 400000k life span when rotated and balanced in 5000k intervals. Good tyre at a great price for the budget conscious VE owner.